Maternal & Child Community
vaginal discharge postpartum??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

vaginal discharge postpartum??

I recently gave birth to my first child about 9 weeks ago, we are breast feeding, and everything is going great withthe baby!  At my 6 six week postpartum appt I was given a clean bill of health!  For the past three weeks I have had a yellowish mucus discharge that has a slight smell to it.  It is slightly sore down there and I think swollen too.  The soreness gets worse if I stand for a longer period of time or after intercourse.  I am also not sure if what I think is swollen is actually normal looking.  I am not sure what this is and I can't find any information about it either.  Is this related to childbirth and postpartum, or something different??  Is the discharge normal?  Any ideas or help would be wonderful.  Thanks!