water breaking
I am now 18 weeks and my water broke no one is sure at what time it broke I found out when I was 16 weeks they put me on bedrest and the fluid comes and goes. I would like to know if anyone has any ideas on how to keep fluid around the baby. the baby has a great heart beat and in my eyes has to will to live and I can't give up on the baby knowing that it wants to fight to be here, so any ideas plz im willing to try just about anything to keep my baby
I have no idea what would help other than doing exactly as the Dr tells you. I wish the absolute best for you and your baby and pray that your fluid will return.
The water is continually made.  Sometimes a leak can seal itself and everything can be okay.  (I work in a NICU and have been an L&D nurse.)  I have actually had a patient who had a leak at 17 weeks and was able to carry the baby to 34 weeks.  If there is enough fluid the baby's lungs can still develop.  If there isn't...they don't live.  The one thing that can harm you both is if you get an infection.  I would recommend bedrest...absolutely Nothing in your vagina...and see if you need antibotics.  Chances are not good for you...but it has been done before.
what would be enough fluid? I have been able to make it to 18 almost 19 weeks and my water broke at 16 maybe ealrier they are not really sure when it broke. what gestation do the lungs start to develop and is critical for the baby?