Maternal & Child Community
water retention and cramping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

water retention and cramping

Had drs appt yesterday, baby is great however i am retaining a huge amount of water been told to cut out all salt.  Never a really big salt person to begin with.  Any suggestions of something herbal I can take to help with this, perhaps green tea to flush out my system?  Also find if I move wrong lately I get pains in my belly, last night I coughed wrong and it hurt for about 1/2 hour, is this just from my muscles stretching?  Any body else having this problem, I am only 19 weeks, if so what worked for you?
Avatar n tn
Is your blood pressure ok?
Well keeping away from salt is good idea cause it retains water even  if you dont eat added salt there are alot of things that contain salt, Exercise  after i had a c-section i retained water my ankles were the size of my thighs, i went home in bare feet in Nov , they kept saying walk around it took a while to get them back to normal, But your early in your pregnancy what does the doctor say?
Avatar n tn
bloodpressure is good 116/64, told me a bit concerned that I am having these problems so early.  Instead of having appts every month I now have to go biweekly.  Is there anything you can take for this, perhaps dandelion tea, supposed to help with water retention.
Avatar n tn
Dont know much about herbal remedies but keep a check on your bp I know with bp and water retention sometimes leads to toxemia
Next time in ask the doctor why you are retaining the fluid so early?  Have you put on a lot of weight?  
Hope all is well
Avatar n tn
have gained six pounds and I am 19 weeks today.  Not too much weight I don't think, but I'm not really sure.  I have set up a stool at work and have been keeping my feet up while here as much as possible, its not hard to do seeing as I am an accountant and pretty much glued to my desk.  I also have the option of logging into our server and working from home if it gets too bad.  Have you given any thought to the cramping/pulling in my abdomen?  Is that just from the muscle stretching if I move wrong.
Avatar n tn
Well trixie  I am 37  Ouch that hurt!!!  Im not sure if this is your first pregnancy  this was my third (3 month old)
Each one has been different with different things happening to me,
Knowledge does come with age and experience but I am also a nurses assistant