what age did you stop feeding a bottle during the night?
It is so hard.  I am such a sucker.  She is 9 months and dr said she doesn't need one but what do I do when she is crying?
You're going to hate hearing this...But, let her cry it out.  My dd was doing the same thing at 8 months.  My dh and I finally decided to give the "crying it out" method a try.  She lasted 1 1/2 hours before she gave in and went back to sleep.  I couldn't handle it so, I ended up getting out of the house and my poor husband stayed.  On the plus side, it only took that one time and she now sleeps through the night.  (She's 10 months old now) Unless she has soiled her diaper there's no reason she shouldn't sleep through.  They just get used to being fed in the middle of the night and never learn to fall back asleep on their own.

Best wishes!!
I still give my son a bottle in the night if he wants it, and he is 2.  I know this is fringe thinking, but he is comforted by it.  Usually it's a bottle of water simply because we are watching to be sure he doesn't get tooth decay, and the sucking is what comforts him, not the contents of the bottle.  I wouldn't suggest anyone go as long as age 2, but it's hard to see anything wrong with giving a bottle at only 9 months, if it comforts her.  (Just be sure you know about baby-bottle mouth or whatever it is called, about tooth decay caused by letting a baby sleep with the bottle in his or her mouth.  We take it away the second my son gets noddy, so the milk won't pool in his mouth, and he goes to the dentist regularly.  No decay yet.)  As I said, don't do what I do and go on this long, life is simpler if you don't give a bottle in the middle of the night.  But if your heart is saying she just wants a little comfort, and she is 9 months old, it's hard to see what is wrong with that.
With my daughter I stopped around 9 months of age, because I was okay with letting her cry at night, and frankly, she was hard to get back to sleep anyway...  so I did a week of her crying, and actually, instead of going cold turkey I switched her to water, and she didn't want water-  so she just stopped getting up...  it was a rough week...  but we got through it...  my son, however, I am different....  he wakes up about 1 time a night still, he is 14 months old, and I get him a milk bottle, rock him while he drinks it and then lay him back down, turn on his music thingy and leave-  he goes right back to sleep and I am back in bed usually in less then 15 mins...  which is why I am less forceful with him on stopping...  I am afraid if I let him cry it out, he will wake my DD (4 years old) and then I'll have 2 kids up!  and just letting him cry keeps me up longer then 15 mins...  so I am being lazy with him I guess...  I hope he stops waking up on his own...  but maybe by 18 months I'll try to put an end to it...  

so,  I guess that was to say, it might just depend on the baby and the situation...  so I agree with Annie...  you are momma, and you know best!
Well I am ready for some sleep.  I am ok with letting her cry a while dh not so much.  We will see what we can do this weekend...  If it is one night that would be great!
My son would have one bottle in the middle of the night anywhere between 2-4. I caught     h e l l from anyone I told that I still gave my 22lb baby a bottle in the middle of the night. I never complained though... BUT, at my 6 month appt. my pediatrician said, heck, if he goes to bed at 6 or 7 he may be hungry at 3. In other words she didn't care. I was still nursing until 7 months. She said the main reason is tooth decay and my son still has no teeth. On his 9 month b-day, ha ha he decided HE was going to go to bed anywhere between 6-6:30 at night and sleep until about 7:00. Now that we're getting some sleep, it's time to have another! My dd stopped at about 7 months so honestly, if he was still waking up I'd probably still be getting a 4 ouncer to bet him back to sleep. I'm a sucker too!
we're having the same problem. the twins are almost 7 months (still having issues with the sitting up to....) and they always wake up in the middle of the night for a bottle. i'm thinking of trying a binky again. they hate em but i'm thinking if it's 2 am and they're super tired they won't realize it's a binky and will fall back asleep.
here's what we did- it worked very well for us because DH is a night owl. i was always long asleep before any of this happened.

When she was still waking for feeds in the night, DH used to just go ahead and give her a feed while she slept right before he went to bed. These dream feeds were quick and not much. To wean her off of it, we started to give it earlier and earlier, and in smaller amounts. Eventually, it just became the nighttime bottle. This gradual method helped her body adjust to not being fed in the night slowly.

if you don't want to try cry it out, you may want to try this. For example, if she usually wakes at 2, and you go to bed at midnight, try giving her a small feed at midnight. See if she'll make it til morning with that.

i get reminded of when i went to a developing country in highschool. Our tour was mixed with local kids, and the organizers would always get very annoyed that when we were given freetime, we went to eat instead of seeing the sights. We ate a lot compared to the locals, but honestly, our bodies needed it because we were used to eating that much. (our diet was very scarce there- we did tons of hiking and camping, but we were fed bread and tomatoes). you can't suddenly cut meals and expect your body to just deal with it.
Noah's ped told me to stop giving him one at 6 months and to only give him water if he woke up in the middle of the night. I did not listen lol. I stopped giving Noah a bottle in the middle of the night when he was about 12 months only because that is when he was consistently sleeping through the night. I did try the crying it out think for a few nights but when you are a working mom you want a quick fix and that was a bottle for us. Plus, I live in an apartment building with thin walls and I don't need my neighbors hating me because I have a baby crying at 3 in the morning. Don't worry, your baby will sleep through the night soon and you wont have to deal with middle of the night feedings.  
GRose-  I am a working mom too, and that is why we do the quick fix too!  Last night, like clock work Colten (14 months) woke at midnight---  I tried to let him cry, for about 15 mins and then I thought, man, if i'd just gotten up 15 mins ago, we'd both be asleep again now!----  so I got him about 1/2 of what he usually takes and he wanted more,  but he didn't cry long that time and went back to sleep....  then we woke again at 4:30.... geez....  I keep thinking-  on the weekend I'll do the crying it out thing, when we have the next day to recover-  but on the weekends he'll sleep through the whole night!  Then sunday night again,  he is back up wanting a bottle!  It is very frustrating!  and I was thinking about all of you guys at midnight last night!  LOL