Maternal & Child Community
what causes you to loose amniotic fluid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

i am 18 weeks and i feel my baby move some. i used to feel it more. so i went to the emergancy room to find out if there was anything wrong.. the next day i got a call from the hospital. they said my fluids were low. didn't tell me any more about it. i have called to speak to a nurse but she HAS NOT CALLED BACK..  how do you loose it? stress, lifting, or does it just happen to us?
http://www.babycenter.com/0_low-amniotic-fluid-oligohydramnios_1199460.bc

That might help.  

You're probably not losing it.  If you were leaking amniotic fluid that would be serious and I'm sure they checked you at the hospital for that.  It's that your body isn't producing enough.  Definitely call your regular OB/GYN and get an appointment right away.
im sure if your fluid was actually leaking they wouldve kept you. so im sure thats not the case. as JJety stated, your just not producing enough. i was told that you can produce more by drinking more water.
My water broke at 17 weeks and i lost most of the the water before i reached the hospital. My CRP and infections levels were little high and was induced to terminate my first pregnancy which i concieved after 2 yrs of hope. I was also a PCOS patient and was on metformin for almost 18 months. It has been very traumatic to lose my little baby even when the heart beat was very strong after 8 hrs of the water loss. Docs suggested that we had no other option but to terminate as the baby would not survive without the amniotic fluid. Docs also said that this was rare and unheard of. But, seeing so many people go thru the same traumatic experience on this link, can we arrive at a common cause of this?

I am desparate to know the reasons which causes this PPROM.
Is it linked to PCOS? I was on Met and Susten 200(progestrone) till 12 weeks of my pregnancy. I am 31 yrs old, 5 ft and was weighing 73 Kgs when concieved. The growth of the baby was absolutely normal as per NT scan. I was on bedrest till 12 week of my preg. But had rejoined office and working till the day my water broke. What can induce this otherwise normal preg. Can stress or food stuff cause this? I am worried as for my next preg.

If we could dedude the reasons for ealry pre term water breakage shared between us, we can help ourselves for the next preg as well as others.
I had exactly the same case ..

I was perfectly fine and one fine day notice leakage.. I was hospitalised and the pregnancy had to termiated.

I also dont understand why it happened ..
I just lost my baby girl on friday the 17. My water broke too earlier I was only 16 weeks and had to delivery my baby. This was the longest pregancy for me I've had 3 other miscarriages and I thought this was the one I was going to keep. But it did not happen. I don't understand why? but I can't lose hope one day I will have my baby.
I am 31yrs old and my water broke last Sunday at 19 weeks. The pregnancy up to that point had been normal, but was considered high-risk because I have many fibroids...one which is pretty big. The doctor's told me that there was nothing that could be done to save my baby and it would be in my best interest to have labor induced. My doctor's said they were concerned about me and the baby becoming sick with an infection that could kill both of us. After hearing that I became scared and didn't want my baby to suffer. The next day (4/27/10) at 20 weeks I chose to have an induction even though my baby was doing fine..his hearbeat was160 no stress. I now have regrets and question my decision everyday since I have read so many success stories. The doctor's are running many different tests to try to determine what caused my water to break so early. My heart goes out to all of you women who have gone through it.
To: Anyone
I am 31yrs old and my water broke last Sunday at 19 weeks. The pregnancy up to that point had been normal, but was considered high-risk because I have many fibroids...one which is pretty big. The doctor's told me that there was nothing that could be done to save my baby and it would be in my best interest to have labor induced. My doctor's said they were concerned about me and the baby becoming sick with an infection that could kill both of us. After hearing that I became scared and didn't want my baby to suffer. The next day (4/27/10) at 20 weeks I chose to have an induction even though my baby was doing fine..his hearbeat was160. I now have regrets and question my decision everyday since I have read so many success stories. My precious baby boy Sean did not survive since he was born too early. The doctor's are running many different tests to try to determine what caused my water to break so early. My heart goes out to all of you women who have gone through it.
Hiya im 19weeks pregnant and my waters has gone there is no.fluid atall around the baby, is there anythin I could do to prevent me havin a miscarriage, how far in pregnancy do you hav to be to hav tht amnioinfusion.. Please help!