what do real contractions feel like??
well i am 38 weeks offically(: i went to the drs today-my cervix is thining, no dilation, babys head is down(: this is my first child so i have NO idea what to expect with labor-i am working at my job untill my baby is ready to come because i get 6 weeks off and i want to enjoy every little moment with my new baby and bf-i was jsut wondering what do the real contractions feel like?? i dont want to be one of the people they send hom b.c i am not dilated enough-how is everyone feeling?? anyone else due first week of march??
all i can say is youll know when your having a contraction lol i wish you luck.
I had a natural labor and felt every contraction. They start out feeling mild...almost like a mentral cramp that comes and goes with some pattern. Once labor is underway and your contractions are closer together it feels like a knife is stabbing you in the lower ab. Sorry, but that's exactly what it felt like to me. I'm considering pain medication this time around!
So is it like a burning sensation?  Or more like major super cramps.
it's like a braxton hicks contraction, except like someone's stabbing you in the stomach with a butcher knife at the same time :)  I was extremely surprised at the pain when I had my son, I had anticipated menstrual like cramps on  a stronger scale but I was wrong!
real labor contractions will progressivly get stronger and closer together. wait to go to the hospital until you literally have to breath through them, or your water breaks, or if you have any vaginal bleeding.
to me.. contractions feel like something out of some book that you want to read.... yet dont want to..lol..

I have fast labor and deliveries... so mine started out like..

O ..... MY ... Holy COW!!!  

and just when you think you cannot tolerate anymore... it goes away.... then WHAM!! another one!! lol... im laughing about it now.. but believe me.. i will be the first one to say.. WAHHHH I CANT DO THIS!! ..

then.. there this little person... so cute.. with lil fingers and toes... so tiny... looks at you .. and you have these wet things in your eyes... and your heart swells with more love than you can ever imagine.. and all you want to do is look at him...

in that moment.. you would do it all over again.. and again.. and again..

Haven't had BH yet, at least not that I know of.  I guess that's why they say labor is murder. lol couldn't resist.  You made my day, i am getting drugs but want to wait till I am at lest 4 or 5 cem dialitated.  I am such a pain wuss. lol I'll probleby pass out. lol  This is my third pregnancy but first baby.  And I have gestational so they are saying a BIG baby.  Yikes  My mom had gestational with my half sister I would almost garentee it they never tested her, but she ended up being a 10 lb 11 oz baby and was breach.  My mom didn't have any pain killers with any of us, half-sister was number 5.
believe me, you will know and think "oh, this is what they feel like". Then you'll feel funny for thinking all the BH cx you were having were the real thing.
hha no sign yet-i am going to hockey game tomm with my luck it will happen there-ha -that would be cool if  i actually have my baby on my due date which is 2 weeks away-