what if you are already chubby?
this is silly, but if we already have a spare tire, lol, does eh belly show normal anyway?  i am 4 11 and have one i was just wondering. it sounds stupid but oh well i am curious.oh ps how can i keep my husband really involved?
what do you mean? i started with somewhat of a spare tire too. and i am 24 weeks, and i definanetly look prego. luckily i've gained mostly in the tummy (unfortunatly is the hardest place to loose it) but i've gained some in my butt. i started out @ 173 when i got preg. and last appt i was at 221, gee hope that's not all baby/LOL.
melonie
I am about 165 or so. i just want toreally look prego and not just fat. i have a cousin who didnt look prego at all just really fat. i guess it is enevitable.. well what about boobs? i am already a 38 dd goosh theyll be to my knees.lol
I think it is inherent that if your pregnant you will gain some weight. Right now though I wouldn't worry about that if you weigh 165. I would just worry about eating the right foods and doing the proper exercises to keep your baby healthy. Then after the baby is born you can worry about mom. If you don't eat enough; YEAH you won't gain THAT much weight but at the same time you baby won't either. Consult your doctor for the proper diet that will fit you and YOUR BABY's needs.
Good Luck  -Pam-
When pg with my son, I was almost 200lbs when I started (I am 5'8" and had a bad year preceeding his birth) In the first trimester, I gained 20lbs, then lost all 20 in the 4th month. I didn't gain an ounce in the 2nd trimester, gained 25 regular weight in the 3rd and 20 lbs of water in the last 2 weeks!! I breastfed exclusively (almost every hour for 40 minutes a time, my boy went from 8 1/2 lbs at birth to 10lbs 4 oz at 10 days old!! I swear he sucked all the weight off) and literally had lost all 45lbs I gained by the time I went to see my doctor for my 2 week PP checkup. I didn't hardly move from my recliner as I was in horrible pain from a 3rd degree episiotomy, so it wasn't from working out. But think about it, i had 20 lbs of water retention, an almost 9lb baby, not to mention amniotic fluid, big boobies (went from a 36B to a 36 DD-E).

As long as your doctor isn't concerned about your weight, don't worry so much. I was easily showing by 5 months, funny thing was my son was breech until my 8th month, so I had a really "sloped" appearance, never looked as far along as I was until he turned. Then it was like "BAM!!" theres a baby in there : ) If you breastfeed, the weight melts off quickly.

Ahh, I miss being pg. All of you pg ladies are so lucky. I would take your place in a second!! Weight gain, puking, all of it just to have that beautiful baby in the end:)

I am now lighter than I was before getting pg, so there is hope!!

Congrats!!

Andrea
you are too funny. I got on here(this site)hoping to talk to someone not all stuck up and you guys have been great. yall are just what i need to get me through this. the only people around me with advise, are saying... dont dont dont dont.. blah blah blah. nobody has shared with me like yall. I am very excited and scared to death all at the same time. I ahve to get ready for my next set of blood tests. they are at 12:00 .I am so scared to go today.. I want that number to have doubled so bad.. i feel fine except for a little quiesenes. (spell ckeck)lol
any way it helps to talk about it.  i wll talk at yall out there later amber
it went great i more than doubled.. from 144.1 to 336.6  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  so i guess everything is ok:)
thank you for asking..
how did your dr. visit go today?
melonie
Good luck Amber. PLease keep us posted!! I didn't have to worry about the don't don't don't from my family (thank God!!) I had the other side of it because of my weight loss and then no weight gain. People started to think I was avoiding eating so I wouldn't gain weight!!

Just do what feels right (within moderation of course and with obvious exceptions) Try to eat healthy, keep taking those vitamins and avoid all that bad stuff and hopefully everyhting will turn out just fine!!

Andrea
so what week r u in?
about 4or 5