Maternal & Child Community
what is a hematobin

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

what is a hematobin

During my first ultrasound, I could see the baby very plainly. Then the doctor pointed out an area three times as big as the baby. He said it was a hematobin. He said it is like a bruise on the inside of me that is bleeding. But he didn't say much more. Please could someone inform me on what this exactly is, or is from, and what could come of it or when it will go away. Any information is welcomed. Thank you. Kerri
i Think you mean hematoma and i have had them before too. i dont' know if they cause any complications, i don't think so. you shoukld call the nurse and aske her, it will make you feel better and ease your mind to know. but i'm pretty sure it's not a problem. i did miscarry, but mine wasn't related to anything do with that, i'm very sure. Hope
I'm pretty sure Hope is right.  It is called subchorionic hematoma.  I had it in the pregnancy that I miscarried, but like Hope I don't think that is why.  I read at the time that they can be involved in complications and that the pregnancy can also be healthy.  When I had it, my doctor was not concerned.  I also had a little bit of brown bleeding, not red.  When I had another ultrasound the hematoma was gone, so sometimes it corrects itself.  I think I also read something about it being some of the placenta, but I'm not 100% sure on that.  Go to www.google.com and type in a search for subchorionic hematoma and see what you find.  That's what I did!
When I was 6 months old a hematobin was on grew on the side of my face and kept growing. What it is, is a group of dead blood cells that form making a red mark. Mine was called a strawberry birthmark. It was way out beside my face up to 20cm. By the time I was 7 it had completly shrunk to the same size as my face. It still has a mark and it is said to be faded by the time I get to 14 if not when I'm in my early 20's. I am almost 13 and it is starting to fade.
I hope I have been some help to you.