Maternal & Child Community
what kind of cramps are "normal" with IVF

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

I have had my embryo transfer monday today is thursday and I am feeling bloated and a bit crampy {not horrible} sort of like a period but not as intense....and some small pink red slight staining on the TP after the bathroom. Does that mean its on its way to being over or does that mean something else... I should have asked what would or could happen before i left the doctor but i didnt. any ideas?
When the doc passed the embryos into your uterus, he used a catheter and manipulated your cervix slightly so the catheter could go in.  Cervixes don't particularly love being opened, even slightly, so you can sometimes get a little bleeding and cramping from that.  The bloatiness will be from the hormones you are taking.  Everything you are going through sounds totally normal as reaction to what has been done so far.  It certainly doesn't mean it's all over!  Watch for hot flashes in a week or so, or slight dizziness.  Those would be good signs.

Good luck!