what the heck is the difference between the copper iud and mirenda
does it matter what I choose???
Mirena- has hormones and only last for 5 years, most people have less bleeding or no period

Copper- has no hormones, lasts for 10 years and most people have more bleeding during periods.

I have the Mirena and have no complaints. I love not having to think about my birth control except check for the strings once a month.
I have Mirena and the first like 2 1/2 months I bled everyday on it and it was SO annoying. Now I don't get my period at all and as nice as that sounds its nerve wracking because I always worry that I'm pg again.
Mire has a higher protection against pregancy, I beleive is 99.9 , I have 2 friends who have had their children having the cooper iud.  
I had mirena for almost 4 years and It was great for me (best part, no periods!)
Had Mirena for 7 months Hate it bleed a few times a week (heavy). Hormones aren't for everyone talk with your doctor.