Maternal & Child Community
whats a miscarriage like

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

whats a miscarriage like

what does a miscarriage feel like... is it just bleeding or is there pain first?
i had one and the blood came first and it took two weeks for me to m/c and then there was cramping.  I dont know if that is standard.  If you think you are having one, please dont hesitate to call your dr.
I misscarried last May, and it started on a Monday I started having cramps like a period, and some bleeding. This continued througout the day. I woke up Tuesday morning around 4 am with horrible cramping and extremly heavy bleeding. that by 9 had progressed to being contractions that were 2 to 3 minutes apart, with the heavy bleeding also came large blood clots. I passed my last blood clot by 11:30,and went to the doc around 2 and it was confirmed I had had a misscarriage, and that it had taken care of itself so I didnt need a d&c. I am currently 39 weeks and 4 days with a baby girl and no complications with this pregnancy. But every woman is different, when it comes to misscarrying my advice is if you think you are call the doc.
I think it varies with each person and each instance. I had no pain at all with my two m/c. I had bleeding like my regular af. The only difference was that some of the bleeding was brown. I agree with the above post - you should call your dr if you think you might be experiencing one. I hope this is not the case. Good luck!
has anyone had a miscarriage with absolutely no signs I am just curious I am 15w5d and we heard hb about a month ago and go again on Thursday so I have faith everything is ok but I just would like to know if anyone has with no symptoms.
When I had my m/c in Oct of 2005, I didnt even know I was preg. until I had pains so bad that I had to go to ER, and then found out that I was pregnant.
The only thing I had for 3-4 days was cramping,REALLY REALLY,REALLY bad and after 3 days straight of going to a specialist in a different town I finally started bleeding like a normal AF.

But remember~~~ I have had my tubes tied for 4 years, so it may be a bit different for me??

I am now 3 weeks pregnant and the DR said everything is fine so far and no worries about my HCG level which now today was 284.

Hope all is well
My miscarriage was a "missed" one :(. I felt glorious before I knew my baby hadn't made it. I had no morning sickness, my skin radiated, my body was so relaxed (they say the hormones during pregnancy loosen your muscles) and I felt so great overall. Then I had that sad ultrasound that told me my baby didn't make it, I was 8 weeks and two days, and had a D&E the 9th of this month, I didn't so much as have one cramp during the whole pregnancy.I told my friend I guess my uterus was as stubborn as I am, we didn't want to let that baby go!

Thanks for all the stories on here, it is good to know you aren't the only one going through this stuff!
I had a m/c on May 3rd, it started on May 1st in the afternoon, lots of blood and large clots.  Not much pain.  The following day May 2nd lots of pain and clots, and on May 3rd in the evening after horrible pain and a lot more blood the gestational sac passed. As soon as the sac passed all pain was gone.  After that I did bleed for about a week and then spotted on and off again after that.
If you think you are having a m/c call your doctor, they can give you instructions, rec. etc.  I hope all is well!
For me (and I've had too many to count) it has always felt like the worlds worst menstrual cramps. I start with light spotting, but progress by the next morning to heavy bleeding, like a period from h***.  I have had one healthy daughter in spite of it all, and am currently hoping that this time might be baby #2. I hope that you can get through this, and try again soon.
Mine started out with really bad cramping.  I didn't start spotting until a day later.  I went to the ER, where they ran a bunch of tests.  I didn't even know I was pregnant at the time so I was shocked when they told me I had a miscarriage.  I think the worst pain was the emotional side of it.  But, a month later I was pregnant again with no problems :)
I had a miscarriage at almost 6wks, 3 days after the doctor comfirmed that I was pregnant. I was overwhelmed with joy and immediately shared the news with my family, even after the doc. told me I had a high risk pregnacy.  I was spotting. I have two boys, 9 & 7, and my husband and I were most definately prepared . I had not expirienced a miscarriage or problems previously and I doubted this time would be any different.  I started having minor contractions for about two hours with light spotting and miscarriaged the first thing the following morning, three days after the doctor told me the wonderful news.  It was painful, more for my heart than it was my body. My point is, nothing can prepare anyone for this kind of loss even after having children. The one thing we do need to keep in mind is that God does things for a reason. We need to look at it on the bright side and continue trying!  Good Luck!
I Misscarriage can be Differnt But i had one Yesterday the Dr said it would be just like a period but its nothing like that well atleast mine wasnt i was 8 weeks well the baby was and i was suppose to be 13.. before yesterday at 5 am i started having cramping not bad but it hurt then i took medicen and went to sleep then around 7-8 yesterday night i had extremly bad cramping like Cramping that felt like i was dieing so i called the ambulanc and was rushed to the hospital then i had to wait in the waiting room i would rate my pain about a 9-10 then 15 mins in the waiting room i was having contraction 2-3 mins apart.. then all of a sudden i guess my water broke all this bloodish water was everwhere so i rushed to the tolite in the bathroom and i started bleeding..then they rushed me back i had to have a Iv and 2 pelvic exams on my first exam before they did it i felt somthing big and pushed it half out this was the fetus(the baby) so the Ob dr at the hosptial did a pelvic exam and pulled the rest out.. then i went for a ultrasound 2 hours later and had to have a catherder in so my bladder was empty then they filled it they said it looked like the placenta and fetus was all out but i had to wait for a radiogist to look it over so i went back to my room and 3 hours later they made me stay the night there .. so then the Ob came in and said the placenta and fetus was all intact and everything was out i didnt have to have a D&C thank God .. Im still Recovering and cant Do much For 3 Weeks ..but it was Horrible i hope i never have to go though it again i got at the hosptial at 7-8 and didnt get out till the next afternoon till 2 pm so it was a long day and night.. im just glad its over,, but my advice is too if u go in to really bad pain go to the Hosptial Immedeinly They take care of U and help you out..but I had Pain first Then Blood .. The fetus coming out dont really hurt its before That ..but After everythings out theres no Pain and you should be Fine..hope i helped out