Maternal & Child Community
what's going on? could i be pregnant?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

what's going on? could i be pregnant?

ok here is my situation: last month af came on time but only lasted 2.5 days, normally 5-6 days, the flow was lighter than normal and bright red. I only had slight cramps the middle of the first day, also strange. I always have bad cramps the whole time. I am on the patch(fourth month now) but sometimes it doesn't stick well or peels up. The week before af last month I had strange cramping in my lower abdomin (abdomen) and sharp pain near my naval. After af I tested and negative waited two days and still negative. Now this months af is due next week and I noticed my breasts are tender, discomfort in my lower abdomin (abdomen) and I have urninated so much this past month also I have gotten dizzy spells hot flashes (i'm only twenty) I noticed that the blue viens in my chest are very noticeable I feel sick after I eat but never actually vomit and today when I wiped I noticed light pink on the toilet paper and a few spots on my underwear. what's going on? could I be pregnant?
Thank you
Bee
   I don't know much about the patch but anything is possiable there is a chance you could be pregnant wait a week then take another test you can have a period and be pregnant at the same time I know in my pregnancy I didn't have hardly any symptoms of being pregnant except my breast being tender this was when I was like 1 month alone I didn't really start getting the symptoms until I was 2 or 2 1/2 months alone but everywoman is different well good luck to you and just relax.
If I were you I would go get another test and if it is still neg. think about going to the doctor to get a blood test done if the symptoms you are having persist.  but you have to try to relax (even though it is easier said than done) because stress can hold your period off too.
good luck.
I used Robitussin in July. Just plain Robitussin (Guaifenesen as the only active ingredient) and I am 13 weeks pg. I have heard of this working for quite a few women. Good luck! Shannon
Sorry to use this thread, I don't have an answer for you but it does sound fishy....how long have you been on the patch?  Maybe you are just adjusting.

I have a question for you robitussin users, what kind do you use and does it really work or is it just a myth?
How often did you take it...i have the one with 200mg of that ingrediant as the only medicinal ingr.  twice a day, once a day, for a week, two weeks?  Any information would be GREAT

B.
I posted a reply on the open forum to your question on Robitussin....I used 2tsp  2 times a day for 5 days leading up to ovulation...I also read that you can follow the maximum dosage per day directions as well. I got pregnant this past cycle but it was a chemical pregnancy, but I still think the Robitussin helps create a more favorable environment for sperm to live a little longer.  Also more alkalinity/less acidity will help too.  I juice wheatgrass and drink it twice a day and it has so many health benefits as well as it helps to reduce the amount of acidity in your body...helps to create a more alkaline system.  If you've never tried wheatgrass, you should read up on it and give it a try....there's so much online about wheatgrass and it's numerous benefits...I've got myself, as well as my husband and 9 year old son on it....Read about it, you'll be amazed at it's value....Not just for someone ttc, but for anyone wanting to live a healthier life....I think it's probably one of the best things you can put into your body.  Just look up keyword "wheatgrass" and go from there....you'll be impressed I promise...
thanks a lot for the information...hope it works.  Will really have to check out the wheatgrass thing when I have more time.

There should be no adverse reactions to doing this though right and it should be done for the 5 days only?  Sorry to ask so many questions, I'm just pretty new at this.
I took the Robitussin 2 times per day (2 tsp.) just as silo did. Just make sure that the ONLY active ingredient is Guaifenesen and there are no initials in the name (ie..DM, CF, PE). Those contain nasal decongestants and can actually dry you out. The bottle should also say expectorant. Good Luck to you! Shannon