Maternal & Child Community
when did you feel your baby moving?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

when did you feel your baby moving?

Hi all,

Heather in Tucson here, Im 13 weeks today and just wondering when any of you felt your baby move?  Someone else mentioned in another post that they didn't feel pregnant, and I am one of those!  I dont feel it at all, but then we hear the heartbeat at our midwife appt!  Just wanted some thoughts.

:)
I first felt my son at 18 weeks, that was my 1st pregnancy. I am 22weeks today and felt this baby way sooner, at 14 weeks. I'm sure your baby is already practicing the kicks and hits for you, it will be strong enough for you to feel soon! Good Luck!!! :)
I felt little flutter around 15 weeks but real movement at 18 weeks but not until week 20 until I noticed it daily
I didnt feel my baby move until I was about 5 months.  It starts out as a flutter and gradually gets stronger.  Only you can feel it in the beginning.  Others wont be able to feel it for a while later.  Enjoy, it is awesome!!
I started to feel flutters around 15 weeks but not every day.  I am now 21 weeks and I feel movement everyday but there is still not a consistent pattern.  Good luck to you-the flutters will come!! :)
   I'm not sure when you can feel your baby move but i just wanted to post to say that i had another sonogram today and seen my baby wiggling on the machine. I am 10w. It was amazing. My husband says that he or she looked like it was doing was doing sit-ups. I can't wait to feel my baby move.
I just turned 13 weeks yesterday and am just starting to feel pregnant.  I can now feel my uterus in my lower belly.  My belly has a little pressure from time to time and my lower back bothers me from time to time.  I felt movement with my 1st pregnancy at 16 weeks.  I am hoping to feel something within the next few weeks, but I know it can be different every time.
I felt the same way when I was 13 weeks...
I was getting big enough to look like I was getting fat, but not actually pregnant.
I never had morning sickness...just dizziness/queasy feeling.

If it weren't for peeing all the time, I probably wouldn't have felt pregnant at all. I have sinus problems due to being pg, but I usually have mild ones each winter anyway, so even that was just a slight "symptom" (at least until it turned into constant nose bleeds! ughhh)

Anyway, I felt what I "thought" were small flutters around 16 and 17 weeks. I only felt them a few times, and that was at night when I was relaxed and going to bed.
It wasn't until two weeks later that I began to actually feel the baby move and I knew without a DOUBT that it was indeed the baby. I assumed the early fluttering could have been gas/indigestion, etc...
But now I realize it WAS the baby. The movement was VERY sporadic for a couple of weeks, which was frustrating, because I wanted to feel him all the time.

Well, I started feeling him REALLY good in the past 3 weeks, and it gets stronger every day.

So be patient (yeah...right! ;-) and it will happen soon enough!
I felt baby move about 21 wks with my first and 16wks with my 2nd.