Maternal & Child Community
when does the baby "drop"

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

when does the baby "drop"

i can't remember when ds "dropped". i am not sure if all the pressure down below is normal or if the baby may have already "dropped". i am 33w3d. sometimes when i am sitting and stand up i feel like the baby is right there. also sometimes when i pee i do bending forwardand every which way to make sure i empty but, when i stand it feels like i never went in the first place. there isn't any burning or anything like that when peeing just pressure when standing.
it is very normal for you to feel that, my stillborn baby dropped at 29 weeks and stays there until i delivered her, i really felt her down and very down, sometimes i felt like i might be able to see her lol or she will send her hand from there to say hello lol.
Usually you drop in your last month, but everybody's different. My son didn't drop till the day he was born! They kept insisting that I was not in labor. I was ten days early with him too and they said you're never early with your first. I didn't go by the book at all! I think everyone knows there own body. Hang in there! Soon you'll have that precious bundle in your arms! Best wishes.
It varies each pregnancy, but it sure sounds like your baby has dropped! Good Luck!
My baby has progressively dropped since 32 weeks. I am 37 weeks now but not dialated or effaced at all. It is completely normal for a baby to drop little-by-little or hold off on dropping until labor altogether. Unfortunately, the timeframe doesn't control when you will go in to labor (I was hoping that since I started dropping early that it would mean that I would go into labor early, but it isn't looking like that is going to happen at this point). When your doctor starts doing internal checks, you can ask if the baby has engaged. I forgot to ask this week, but the week before, the dr. was still able to move the baby's head a little bit, so she wasn't engaged. Usually, you will go in to labor 2-4 weeks after the baby engages for your first pregnancy (but some people took MUCH longer). I am hoping to go into labor within the next week or so ... I would love for her to come a bit early. Best wishes to you!
thanks for the responses. i have an appt next week so i will ask dr then. thanks again!!