Maternal & Child Community
when should I bd after taking Clomid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

when should I bd after taking Clomid?

Hi! I am about to finish taking my Clomid and have been reading all I can about when to bd after taking it. I keep on finding different information on when the best time is.  I have read to bd three days after then every other day for a week. I have also read to bd from day five after you finish the Clomid to day ten.  Which one is it?  Has anybody taken the Clomid and knows when is the best time?  I am just confused and I want to get pregnant so bad!!!! Also is it normal to feel swollen all over from the Clomid? Not only are my boobs swollen but my ankles, my hands and my face plus my stomach feels swollen.  Thank you so much for your advice and recommendations.  I need any help I can get!!
i just finished  my first cycle with clomid, taking it days 5-9.  like you, my doctor didn't give too much instruction other than to use opk's.  so i had to resort to the internet.

i started bd every other day starting on the third day after my last pill (even though many sites said starting on day 5 after the last pill, but it never hurts right?).  i started testing on cd 12, and got a positive result on cd14.  i continued bd every other day until cd 19.  you're supposed to ovulate within a week to ten days of finishing the clomid, but every woman is different.

try calling your doctor tomorrow and see what he says.  the only risk is starting something too late and stopping too early.
get an ovulation kit it will help you detect your Lh surge. have intercourse on the detection day and the second day; rest on the third day then have intercourse on the fourth day as well. (ex.  LH surge on the 5th, than have intercourse on the 5th and 6th and 8th) now they sell some easy to read ovulation kits, there more expensive, but they  helped me more that the others because this are digital so if you're about to ovulate, it shows a happy face. i hope this helps you and good luck.
I'm sure you'll get plenty of answers here, but what did your doctors office tell you to do?  If they didn't tell you anything, you could always call and ask tomorrow.  After all, they are the ones who know your history best.  
My doctor didn't tell me anything except to take the Clomid from cycle day 5-9.  I never thought about calling them but I will definitely do that.  thank you..
are you using opks? I took clomid days 3-7 and then would test starting day 10 until lines were same color or test line darker than control line. I was told to BD on day line was same or  darker and next two days as well and that should do it. It did work for me with last pregnancy doing it that way. Good luck to you!
Thank you so much!!!! I'll call the doctor tomorrow plus follow what everyone has told me.  I REALLY hope this works!!!!
Well with any luck you'll ovulate around day 14, so i'd be bd'ing from at least day 12/13 and then 2 days after.

But with clomid you can ovulate anytime between your last tablet and 10 days afterwards, so i would suggest using opk's to try and detect your surge, once you have a + id bd for at least the next 3 days.
HI I HAVE QUESTION .....I WAS CLOMID ON THIS MONTH AND ITS FRST TIME TAKING CLOMID AND O2/22/08 IS THE 10TH DAY AFTER MY LAST PILL SO  FROM LAST TWO DAYS WHEN I EXCERCISE  (on eliptical trainer I HAVE SPOTTING CAN ANYONE TELL WHAT IS THAT..... is this ovulation or anything else.
isnt your doctor telling you how to do this? well, 14 days after yiour period starts, your doctor should set up an ultrasound appointment to see if youre ovulating and send you home to get busy.
what does bd mean?
My first day of my last period was the 29th.  My doctor put me on clomid on the 3rd which was the 5th day of my last period.  How soon should I start having sex if I take my last pill on the 7th?  And what is the best sex position to be sucessful?