Maternal & Child Community
when should I stop lying on my back?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

when should I stop lying on my back?

I always sleep on my back at night.  At what stage should I stop doing this or when would it be dangerous to the baby?  I am only 9 weeks now.  
Related Discussions
7 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
194033_tn?1230787005
There are so many conflicting opinions on how pregnant women should sleep, its hard to say anymore. However, i have read that after the 4th month, back sleeping is not recommended. I dont know how accurate that is though, because there is a vast difference of opinion on the internet about this. Although when you get bigger, you probably will not be very comfortable sleeping on your back anyway. HTH!
Blank
Alright look I wouldn't worry about it now. I'm 25wks pregnant and the only way I can get comfortable is on my back. They say it can limit blood supply as the baby gets bigger and puts pressure on your nerves back there. At 9wks I wouldn't even worry about it till you get around 16 or 20. Then ask your doctor what they think.  I can't sleep any other way cause it's painful for my back so I look at it like this If I'm not sleeping I won't be feeling good the next day and the baby won't be doing too well either if I start going on no sleep.
Blank
I'm 35 weeks and always wake up on my back. I can never fall asleep laying like that, but somehow always wake up pretty comfortable. People might tell you different things, like slows down blood curculation etc. etc. and others will tell you its not true.  Only thing that might stop you from sleeping on your back is all the belly weight makes it sore.
Blank
147803_tn?1234403260
Up until I delivered I was still sleeping on back, not that I meant to, but i just ended up that way. The dr always told me that when you wake up and see that you are lying on your back, just roll on over on your side, that it didnt hurt the baby.
Blank
190838_tn?1226617207
I'm almost 33 weeks and I still sleep on my back, my doctor said whatever is comfortable for me and that my body will tell me what's wrong and what's not. That's the only way I get comfortable is on my back but I do toss and turn allot too. :)
Blank
I had to stop at around 12 weeks.
Blank
177988_tn?1266802499
I still wake up on my back sometiems and I feel dizzy for it.  As soon as I flip to a side, then everything feels fine.  Your body will tell you when something is wrong.  If I recall correctly you should be fine until 2nd trimester anyway.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank