Maternal & Child Community
why did my doctor prescribe progesterone?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

why did my doctor prescribe progesterone?

I am 14 weeks pregnant with my first baby. Last week i woke up bleeding like if i was on my period. I went to the hospital and after the ultrasounds the doctor said the baby looked fine he/she was in the right position and the heartbeat was at 153. He said he saw a small bleeding from the placenta. The next day i went to my docctor for a follow up and after more ultrasounds he just prescribed progesterone and a week off work. With no explanation of anything. Can someone suggest what i should do?  i am very confused i just need answers my next appointment is in one week but i need answers now. Anything is greatlly appreciated.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1027094_tn?1327433332
I believe its to help stop the bleeding
Blank
Don't be afraid to call your dr and ask questions. If you feel they are not answering your questions or not giving you time to ask make them make the time. This is about you and your baby and Both of you are very important.

Now they may not completely know what's causing the issue but I'd rather they be honest and tell me that  
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
There is no danger to taking progesterone.  It won't stop a miscarriage if one is inevitable, except in the case where a threatened miscarriage is caused by lack of progesterone, but it won't hurt a pregnancy.  Do call the doc to find out what made him prescribe it.  Take it easy, stay hydrated, keep off your feet if you can.  Good luck!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...