worried 32weeks pregnant
Two years ago i contracted genital herpes i havent had an outbreak for two years.Im now 32 weeks pregnant My doc said if i have a break out near the time of the birth i will need a caesar. Im worried about my baby can me having this virus harm her?
I think the reason why your doctor recommend c-section if you have a break out is to prevent transmitting the virus to the baby.  My cat has herpes and symptoms flare up whenever she's stressed.  I don't know if human herpes react to stress the same way as feline herpes.  Anyway, you should just relax and enjoy your pregnancy.
I am no expert on the subject, but I remember hearing once that the reason they would want you to have a c-section would be to prevent the baby from contracting it through the birth canal.  Apparently it could pass through the babys mouth and grow on the vocal cords causing a raspy voice.  But I am sure your doc will monitor it and if there is a problem recommend a c-section which would mean that it can't be transmitted.  Don't worry and good luck.
the main reason many docs prefer a c-section to vaginal delivery if there is any chance for an outbreak is because with genital herpes you can have an outbreak on the inside of your vagina, cervix, etc. and you may not know.  the baby is safe while you bag of waters is intact, but once it breaks the baby is vulnerable to anything in the birth canal.  if you have herpes in the birth canal while delivering the baby can catch it.  not only in the mouth, but any mucous membrane the baby has is also vulnerable(i.e. mouth, eyes, genitals).  if they elect for a c-section then they are more than likely just protecting the baby.
i had a c-section with my last child due to a large baby and i had gestational diabetes.  it wasn't bad at all.  i am currently 16w5d preg with my third and have chosen to have another c-section since the moment i discovered i was preg.  if you have a competent doc than the revcovery is pretty much the same as a vaginal delivery.
good luck to you and your little one