Maternal & Child Community
would you worry??? i think i would.. i would lock her up lol

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

okay well my landlord lives below me and she always has her grand daughter...the home life is hectic and the little girl only 4(5 in oct) chooses to stay with her gramma....

Well the other day... she's began with these things.. she was telling a little boy"Give it to me,you know how I like it" and the little boy being 10 was like uhm i'm not like that...kids are soo freggin smart.. Then I was sitting outside with CamCam and she always comes to see me or comes upstairs for her visits...plays with the baby and goes home.. well we're just sitting there and she says auntie Cynta(i've only been here for 2 years.. she has really grown to me) anywho she says to me... I wish I could get pregnant and have a baby... I immediately said well where's your doll and she was like i'm not talking about a doll silly I mean a real baby, i want a big belly and a baby to take care of.. i told her she was too young and she was like yeah i guess but soon enough i'll be able to...

kids will be kids but i do worry... i mean she is sooooo intelligent and i don't know where she gets this but her mom does not have her kids fathers in their lives she has 2 kids 2 different dads and is always jumping in and out of relationships...it is sad and i pray to god the grandma takes her and keeps her.. she wants to report her daughter to CAS, she drinks like a fish, gets drunk...doesn't really spend her money on her kids, mostly on concert tickets, booze you name it.. she usually brings her kids here and says she doesnt have food at home...like she has way more than i do and i manage and cameron gets WAY more than he needs but thats being a mom right??? anywho, i worry for the little girl.. she started school last year and only had 2 days a week and on average she would miss a day every week.. her mom wouldnt put her to bed until 11-12am.. she sleeps in all the time. never had a normal routine...and she makes up all these excuses and now she sees these boys walking by.. 7-13ish and she is flaunting herself...as a mother if my daughter was acting this way i would be sooo ashamed and worried...even though she is going to be 5 if she is one of the lucky ones.. or should i say unlucky ones that has her period early and happens to engage into intercourse early....i fear the worst....i know she isnt mine to worry about but being the type of person i am i worry...i care...(it's not like its not uncommon.. i have seen 10-14 year olds pregnant and worked with them) why would parents allow this or not clue in.. i think the big clues are already present and they should be dealt with early before its too late but thats just my views...what do you all think....

on another note this little girl walks outside no shirt on short skirts with a tank top and often no undies...why????? am i over-reacting.. would you ignore this as well or what???
She sounds very oversexualized.  I wouldn't be surprised if she's being molested or has been molested.  You say her mother has all types of men around her.  Who knows if they've done something to her.  Unless she sees her mom's behavior and gets it from her.  It's obvious her mom doesn't care or else she wouldn't be this way.  There isn't much I think you can do at this point.  I think you should just try and be there for her and continue talking with her.  Maybe you can get through to her somehow.  That is so sad.
Ignore it?  I'd report it to the authorities.  Aren't you a mandated reporter?
the mother has been reported quite a few times actually.. the grandmother is trying to get custody of her kids...let's just say the only person that has not reported her is the grandmother....she doesnt know what to do anymore...she has been reported from friends of the family numerous times and they visited her once-i hear about it and was asked whether i had called and i hadnt.. i didnt know anything about her back then...it is really sad... if she is to be left with anyone besides her gramma/grampa auntie she wants to be with me.. she even came and had a sleep over a while ago because they had a wedding...she is the sweetest little thing and i think it is sooo sad because i fear something awful will happen but when you aren't working with the society currently, you can report but the reports get sent out to a case worker and they look into all the info provided, and make a decision whether visitations should or shouldnt be made and as sad as it is...there isnt enough money to hire more case workers...each caseworker is allowed a case load of 20 cases per month and the majority get about 21-25 and yet leaving over 250 000 children unattended to...this is the one thing that makes me soooo angry...

i have worked there and some people exagerate stories and then they do a home visit and everything is okay.. they have surprise follow ups and there is nothing wrong.. teachers are spoken to and so visitations are often wasted on people who don't need it instead of those who really do and that makes me soo angry about the system...
i guess i am wondering even with being reported numerous time and repeatedly...i've approached the grandmother and told her to keep and eye on her.. when she is present and sees this she deals with it very good..but yeah...what else can you do.. it makes me mad sometimes because at times all you CAN do is report report report but when they wont do anything.. its like you have your hands tied behind your back....:S
True...but if there reports of an oversexualized 4 year old came from someone who is not a family member...it might be given a little more weight than if a family member reports.

I know that most times nothing is done, though.
it drives me insane.. it makes me really sad because these children have so much potential.. i'm the type of person that no matter what the behaviour is i always find the positives in children...alot of them are always hearing what they do wrong instead of praise and what they do right and what they are capable of...i wish i could open my own group home one day and take in a whole bunch of children...

i think the grandmother needs to report and try harder to get custody...stop talking and do it...

it frustrates me soooo bad... and like in some cases like you said before some people shouldnt be allowed to have children.. i'd love to change the system and make it all better but we all know it would be impossible... so if i could make a difference in a child's life that's all that matters...