xxy baby girl
I had an amnio during pregnancy, thankfully the test came back negative for downsyndrome.  However I was told that my baby was a girl, xxy.  My daughter is now nine, and I have been experiencing some difficulties with her for several years.  Is xxy normal, and if not can it affect development?
XXY is refered to as Klinefelter's syndrome but is found in males, not females. It occures when males get an extra X sex chromosome caused by a chromosome aneuploidy.
Like Cheyenne said, XXY is ONLY found in males (as is XYY).  The only thing your daughter could have is a trisonomy, XXX.
Since only one X chromosome can be activated in a cell at one time, XXX usually causes no medical problems or distinguishing physical features, other than sometimes menstral irregularities.
I have read about Klinefelter's syndrome and found nothing about xxy occuring in girls, so I posted the question in the someone would know something because she definately has xxy.
No doctor would say that because it is not possible! XY would make "her" a boy, and the X would be an extra....having the Y means that the person is A MALE!!!!
I'm sorry you are wrong, and the results were not given by a doctor. I had an amnio during pregnancy to test for down syndrome and when the hospital staff phone to give results (negative) they ask if you would like to know the sex of the baby, however you have to go to the hospital and see it in writing on the result sheet.  I went to the hospital and where the result sheet stated sex - it stated xxy, obviously being confused I looked at the nurse who said 'its a girl' and she was right the baby was indeed a girl, a perfectly normal baby girl.
Well, from all the genetics courses I had at UCD, XXY is *always* a male.  The ONLY slight posibility I can think of is if the "Y" is just a fragment, which allowed the XX to give the "girl" gender assignment (mixed gonadal dysgenesis).  Unless that Y chromosome is defective or a fragment, it contains the SRY gene that triggers embryonic development as a male (the testis).  The presence or absence of a Y gene is what is used for gender determination.

All I can say at this point is to double-check with your doctor about the results of the karyotype of your daughter, and run whatever "difficulties" you've been experiencing by him (or have him refer you to a biomedical geneticist).

Good luck.
puc
It is possible for you to have a daughter that is XXY. Here's how:

During meiosis II, there was a nondisjunction (improper segregation of the chromosomes) in your egg cell.  This produces a gamete that is XXY. XXY is typically Klinefelter's syndrome and are usually male. However, if there was a translocation in the Y chromosome of the husband which translocated the SRY gene (the SRY gene confers male-ness) to the X chromosome (while donating the Y to its offspring), then the offspring would be XXY and yet be female.

I am not sure if there are any developmental repercussions from this...however there may not be because the Y chromosome does not encode many genes that do not have to do with sexuality and its presentation.

Hope this answers your question.