Maternal & Child Community
yeast infection
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

yeast infection

I called the on-call nurse and she said to try Lotrimin but it has seemes to not make a difference and I am worried it might be making it worse.  It seemed to clear up yesterday but thismorning it was worse again.  I only changed him once in the night so hat may be why.  Anyone have any other ideas.  I am letting him run naked and giving him baking soda baths. He still doesn't seem too bothered by it but I feel so bad for him.
Related Discussions
5 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
189069_tn?1323405738
Are there any stores or swapmeets that you know of that might have mexican medicine? I use a cream ointment called Synalar on all kinds of skin conditions, including rashes, and it clears it up on the first application.
You can also try calling the nurse again and explain that it's not working and they can suggest other things. Good luck!
Blank
Sometimes it takes a week or more for the lotrimin to work
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
I didn't see your other post, so please forgive it this duplicates.

Some other possibilities:  

Get plain classic liquid Maalox.  Let it stand without shaking it up.  Open the top, and put the liquid from the top onto a cotton ball, dab on the baby's bottom.  

Plain Maalox (shaken this time, LOL) can also be beaten together with Aquaphor to make a soothing cream for the bottom.  

Get 'natural' diapers like Seventh Generation.  They don't hold as much as Pampers, but they also have no irritants in the manufacturing process.

Sponge bottom with a solution of white vinegar and water.
Blank
134578_tn?1404951303
One other comment -- even though Lotromin is not cheap, just slather it on.  Don't smooth it on so it rubs in, like hand lotion, but put it on instead like whipping cream on pie.  Well, maybe not that much (LOL) but put on more than you might think is needed, each time.  My son's diaper rashes always went away when I really ladled on the stuff.  I think the diaper absorbs so much of it that it's pretty much useless when put on the way we would put lotion on normal skin.
Blank
I've heard Maalox and liquid Benedryl mixed together and applied helps and make sure you change diapers very often as urine can blister.  I hope he get better, a yeast infection is miserable.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Maternal & Child Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Control Emotional Eating with this ...