Maternal & Child Community
yolk, sac but no embryo HCG is doubling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to breast feeding, childhood disease, colic, child discipline, immunization, lactation, newborn care, post partum depression, Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS), and special needs children.

yolk, sac but no embryo HCG is doubling

I was wondering if anyone could help me.  I was placed on 50 mg of clomid for my pregnancy because of PCOS.  I did get pregnant, I thought.  However, I was 5 weeks and 5 days at my ultrasound.  They were able to see a sac and a yolk but could not see the embryo.  Everything measured accurately, except for the fact there was no visible embryo. I am sure about my conception date.  My HCG levels on the Feb 3rd were 360 and on Feb 10th they were 11,800.  They seem to be doubling every 36 hours like they should.  I am just very upset that they could not see an embryo.  Is this common at 5 weeks and 5 days?  They have me scheduled for another ultrasound in 10 days but that is so far away.
It is non uncommon to not see one at that point. I am scheduled to have an u/s next Thursday and I will be 5 wks, and she told me all they would be able to tell was that everything was in the correct place. They will schedule another one in two more weeks to make sure they can see the heartbeat. Good luck and try not to worry.
I had an u/s vaginal done at 5 weeks all they saw was the same (gestational sac& yolk sac) I had it done at the hospital. I was told everything was fine hcg levels(4345) and u/s were on target with 5weeks. I go to the ob on the 20th hope to see heartbeat. When I went to get my medical records at gyn he did a complimentary vag U/S his probe was on the fritz so the screen was jumpy but he did manage to capture a view of an embryo but he couldn't tell me much more cause of the probe. that was on valentines day so that makes me around 7weeks now. so see alot did happen in a small amt.of time.I'm still nervous because I've had 3misc. and d&c's. I did carry my first pg to term and now have a 6 year old. It is hard for me to tell when I get pg cause I hardly ever maybe 3/2 times a year have a period.everytime i did concieve (conceive) I had no period before hand. hard to believe but true. when I concieved my son the same thing.I'm now on progestrone so I hope this little peanut will be a keeper. I know how you feel the waiting game is the hardest thing to do.
We are very similar.  I can go 7 months w/o a period.  They say it is PCOS.  I had no period for 3 months before I got pregnant with my first. She was fullterm.  My second, I developed placenta previa and ended up hemmoraging 2 months early because of an abruption. Luckily, I was visiting the hospital when it happened. Now I'm nervous.  First, because they see no embryo and second because I was told the same day I have a 25% chance of getting placenta accreta. They may have to do a hysterectomy after.

I have never had an u/s this early so it really had me depressed when she could not find a baby.  I am glad to hear that there can be happy outcomes though.  I just have to try to occupy my mind for the next week or so till my next u/s.  Thank you both for responding.  I do feel a bit better now.
I went for an u/s at 5w 6d and all they saw was the gestational sac and yolk sac.I waited 12 days and had another u/s done at 7w4d and we saw the baby and heartbeat.It is just too early.I was a nervous wreck also but as long as your hcg is doubling then it is just too early to see anything.Try to stay positive and good luck on your next u/s!!!
Can you tell me a little more about your placenta previa experience? I am almost 13 weeks pregnant and just found out I have a subchorionic tear and they put me on "pelvic rest". No sex, no lifting more than 10 lbs, no exercise, etc. Is this problem more serious when you're in the 2nd trimester. Sorry to ask this question here, but everyday, the I'm unable to submit my question to this forum. Anyone else experience placenta previa or subchorionic tears? Any responses to this would be great.
I have had placenta previa in 2 pregnancies and it corrected itself by mid pregnancy in both.
ok no need to worry i also had my first ultra sound and it was showing only a sac i was so worried but im currenty 28 weeks pregnet and everything is fine so dont worry its still way way to earliy to see anything i didnt see my baby until 11 weeks!!!
so dont worry honey ok? and i didnt hear the heart beat until 10 weeks so relax or you will stress that little baby out!!
baby dust to all*********************************************
Hello, I am new here. 1st let me say congrats on your pregnancy!  I hope all goes well for you.  I wanted to ask you a little bit more about your PCOS.  I also have PCOS, I would go 4-6 mos. w/o AF, I saw a specialist and the DR told me that if I lost weight then I could reverse the PCOS.  So I lost 40 lbs, and my AF returned back to normal for the last 8 months and I got pg!!  But, I had a missed m/c at 10wks in Dec.,the baby was only 8wks along.  We are ttc now and I am nervous that the PCOS had something to do w/ the mc.  My dr says as long as I can get pg then there is no problem with me not oing.  But,, do you think that maybe I wasn't producing the right hormones b/c of the PCOS to support a baby? Thanks in advance for anyone one who would like to answer this question.
Thank you everyone.  My mind is somewhat at ease. As far as placenta previa,  it was not a major concern till my third trimester.  Most of the time, it will correct itself.  I just wasn't that lucky.  Mine never moved till it moved and tore at 32 weeks - atleast that is what they think happened.  However, my doctor at no point had me on bedrest, which he should have.  I actually never bled till the day before I hemmoraged.  Apparently, I had been bleeding and was unaware.  (They said they removed one of the largest clots they had seen.) If I could do it all over again, I would have done bedrest on my own.  Please keep in mind, my situation was worse case scenerio.  I have spoken with tons of people who had previa and it corrected itself.
As far as PCOS, don't worry.  I had 2 pregnancies and never had a miscarriage.  I go up to 7 months w/o a period and then can have one for as long as 9 months.  It's been that way my whole life - till birth control.  I hadn't had a period for 3 months before my first pregnancy.  As far as I know, there is not a connection.  I wasn't a classic PCOS case.  I was underweight at the time, so my doctor prescribed progestin and clomid.  My other 2 pregnancies occurred because I had just gotten off the pill.  I hope this helps.  Thank you everyone.
Thanks, that puts my mind at ease.
Hi, I am stressing please and I have a similiar situation.  This is the first time I have been on here and I am very worried and concerned and wanted some advise. I have read through other peoples comments and My Dr does not seem very reassuring or helpful and I need some advise please. I was meant to be 6 and a half weeks and went for my first ultra sound, they advised me that I am only 5 and a half weeks and that they could not see a fetal pole. I can understand it may be a little early to see, however my Dr was very concerned and told me, I am meant to be 6 and a half weeks. I have had some brownish bleeding as well as a little red, however only when I whipe and was only once and that was 3 days ago, however today, I have had a little pinkish discharge and I am very concerned. They sad my sac was the shape it should be and everything internal looked ok. I am now having blood test to see what my HCG levels are like. I have no other signs of pregnancy, except a little nausea, however I am not sure if that is because I am stressed and I did have sore beast at the beginning, however now they are not that bad at all now.  I also get cramps that come and go in my stomach and it hurts to wear a bra, as under my breast get cramps, when I take a bra off, I am ok.  I am very worried. Please give me some advise. THANK YOU ALL VERY MUCH
I know how some of you from earlier feel, I went to the MD yesterday for what we thought was a 9wk 2day check up??? and the baby measured .78cm 6wk 6days, I was given a blood test and now yet another test tomorrow, the waiting for results is so hard, only there was an embryo and a sac...the first U/S I had was on 1/18/06 and their was not embryo at all, but there was a small sac that has doubled in size, please be strong and have faith. I can only say that expected growth calculations can be hard to predict, the miracle of life is not at all black and white...I like many of you am waiting, I was so encouraged to stumble onto this sight, thank you all for the courage to write in, please enjoy your time with your baby this time is a bond only you and your baby will share now.
you could be having a m/c or there is other medical terms for light bleeding.

i have a ?. last time i got pregnant after coming of the pill, and worked straight away. i've heard many comments saying they have done this too, is it easier to concieve (conceive) this way??
It's very common to measure a week behind.  I am currently pregnant.  I went to the ob last month thinking that I was 7 weeks 4 days pregnant (based of last menstrual period).  The ultrasound said the baby only measured 6 weeks 5 days.  My sister is currently pregnant and had the same thing.  I am now 10 wks 2 days pregnant and everything is fine.  We are using the ultrasound measurements to determine where I am in the pregnancy.  I would definately rather be the 11 week time but can't make it be just because I want it.  You may have just ovulated a bit late.

As far as the bleeding.  I had horrible bleeding while pregnant with my son.  At 13 weeks I thought I had lost him because of all the blood I lost.  It was apparently a clot.

The bleeding is a little concerning and you definately need to pay attention to it.  I can't guarantee that you will not miscarry although I wish I could.  I just wanted you to know that measuring a week early is not necessarily a cause for concern.

I am sending all the good vibes I can your way.  I hope your pregnancy is successful.  Please keep us posted.
I'm so sorry about your situation.  I know how you feel.  I haven't had any bleeding but I have had cramping and (what felt like round ligament pain) stabbing pain in groin area.  I haven't had any real nausea or breast tenderness until today.  How are they sure you are 6 1/2 weeeks?  Do you know when you ovulated or are they going from your LMP?  I go from when I ovulated.  I knew because I get specific pains in my abdomen.  The reason I ask is because I ovulated on day 20.  When they go by your LMP, they go by day 14 I think (6 day difference).  It would make a big difference. My periods are so irregular.

As far as the pill, I was told by a friend of mine in the pharmaceutical field that your first month off the pill you are very fertile.  She gave me medical reasons but I don't remember what she said.  Actually I was on the pill second time when I got pregnant.  I had missed several days and I ended up conceiving that month. It was when many of my friends have conceived also.Thanks.

Thank you so much all for your help.
Over the last few days, I have had a couple of blood test, the first one at 15550 and the second one, 2 days later at 18000, so the Dr was happy that it was going up.  I have one more in a couple of days. So fingers crossed that everything is still going to plan.  Thank you all so much for your help and advise. This is all so stressful. I will keep you posted. All the best to you all xo
I went through the samething on 8/20/05. The doc saw two yolk sacs but no fetal pole. My hcg level was rising then all of a suddenn it started to drop fast about 3x the rate they were increasing so I had to have the D&E this was my first pregnancy. Now I am trying to conceive again but had not has any luck yet. I just have to keep trusting in the Lord and I know that I will get my babies back so you do the same and good luck.
I am stressed out just as most everyone else in here is.  I am 6 weeks? prego and have been lightly spotting for about a week.  No cramping, no pain, just light spotting, not even enough to wear a pad.  I went to the dr today and he did an u/s and saw the yolk sac.  I went to the E.R. last week because of the spotting and they did an u/s.  The yolk sac had grown since last week, but still no baby.  The dr told me he wouldn't be surprised if I m/c this weekend, but to continue to take prenatal vitamins.  They did bloodwork on me today also, and he wants me to come back Monday and have some more blood drawn( I am ssuming to check levels of HCG?).
I have had three m/c.  I have a 21 month old son, and am so very grateful I have him.  This pregnancy feels nothing like any of my priors
He told me there is a SLIM chance when I come back next week to do another u/s, there will be a baby.
Has anyone had this experience before?
I had the exact thing to happen to me. My hormone level was rising but no fetal pole or heartbeat and I was pregnant with twins. I did have spotting from time to time put not enough to really get on a bad it was a light pinkish color. I went to the 1st doc and he told me that I was having a m/c and my hcg level was dropping then he told me to come back in 2 weeks!!!!!!!!!! So I changed doctors aftere they mixed my blood up with someone else and refuse to see me before 2wks. I was not having that. I changed doc and he told me that I had a blighted ovum and needed to have a D&E the next day I was very upset. So after the surgery I waited three months and have  been trying everysince then, but no luck. I keep wondering can I have kids after the surgery b/c u never know what they did to you while you are sleep. It is getting to be hard on me b/c I really do want to have children I dont know if I am just stressing and is that making it hard on me? In my opinion I know that it will be hard for you to do b/c it was for me. But dont let it get you down b/c I did not let it get me down!!!!!!!!! Im still trying!!!!!!!!
I found out on 2/8/06 that I had a blighted Ovum this is when the embryo begins to form but stops. On 2/10/06 I had to have a D&C. This was the hardest day of my life to find out that my embryo had died. I went back for a checkup on 2/17/2006 and the doctor told me that I could go back to my normal activities including sex. My husband and I was disappointed about the miscarriage but we want to try again as soon as possible.So we've been having sex everyday since the 17th. We hope and pray to get pregnant again very soon and hope that this one be a success. If anyone could help me out with a positive quote please do so.
Hello Sandrafaye,

I also had a blighted ovum last month I got pregnant already right agter I nevre had a perid I am 6 weeks and 3 days along and we seen a hb on sat levels are rising so we will just pray that this one lasts and we go fullterm my prayers are with you
Hi, I'm new to this site.  Here's my situation.  My period was late, I'm never late, except when I'v been pregnant - I have 4 children (2 singles and twins with a miscarriage between child 1 and 2.  Here's why I'm stressed out - My husband was fixed 2 years ago after the twins were born.  When my period didn't come I took a pregnancy test just to rule it out but it came back positive.  My husband went and got tested and he was fully loaded again.  I went to the clinic and their test came back positve also but my HCG levels were low so my Dr had me take another blood test 2 days later  and HCG levels didn't jump much.  waited 4 days did another test HCG levels jumped.  During this time I was having cramps, brown discharge when wiped and no morining sickness or tireness.  on Feb 17, 06 I went in for an ultrasound - what they found was a suspicious spot in my tube that looked like something inside and a sack in my uterus with nothing inside.  My Dr suspected a Ectopic Pregnancy so on 2/18/06 I went in for surgery - there was nothing in the tube.  Monday 2/20 more blood test everything still rising - Thursday 2/24/06 had another ultrasound - the spot they seen in my tube was still there but nothing inside it - but the sack in my uteris grew a little and it looks like a start of something in it.  At this point I'm supposely 48 days into my pregnancy - I asked if there was a heartbeat and I didn't get a clear answer - My husband and I took it as a no.  With my twins we saw and heard a heartbeat at 6 weeks, they could tell me how far along the babies were and their heart rates.  According to my book they should be able to see something more than something possibly growing in the sac.  I go back in for another ultrasound on March 8th.  The waiting is the hardest - I do not have a good feeling about this pregnancy.
Hi i had the same thing after four years of trying to concieve (conceive) i finally done it then went for a scan at 5.5 weeks and just an empty sac had another 10 days later and the sac had grown but no baby .I was told id had a blighted ovum had to have a d&c 2 days later.Hope it all works out for you
Heres my problem:

Ive had really bad abdominal pains that are located all over the place? Apparently i am 4-5 weeks pregnant but they cannot see the embryo in the sac. My HCG levels were abnormally high (13,000) but now have only gone up to 17000 in two days.....i think i am miscarrying...what do you guys think? For a while i thought i had an ectopic as thats what the doctor today was concerned about so im going back for another ultrasound (great! i hate that probe) but another nurse assured me that it could not be an ectopic as my pain comes and goes?
I just want to let you know I had the scare of my life.  I am 7 weeks 2 days pregnant.  I have been spotting(I have a post up above).  Anyway, I have been to the ER and had an ultrasound.  They saw the yolk sac, but no baby.  I went to the dr. a few days later, the same thing.  He wanted to get bloodwork to check my levels.  I went back Monday and levels had doubled.  And went today and FINALLY I saw baby and heartbeat!!  The doctor had told me I would probably miscarry this past weekend.  Today, the only thing he could gather was the ER didn't do the ultrasound correctly, and I had my dates for my LMP wrong.  Just remember, please, doctors are smart and all, but they are not GOD.  I am still spotting, not bad, just worrysome.  Just hang in there and try not to stress.
hi
im not stressed over losing it because to be honest we werent trying and the protection failed...sorry i know this seems awful since alot of u are on here as u really want a baby but it really is not the right time for me.........what im stressed about is how im going to lose it, i really dont want it to be an ectopic-
Just an update - I went back at 7 weeks and they saw the baby (very hard to see but they saw the baby and heartbeat).
What's the earliest you can even see the yolk sac?
Hi, I read your column today and I felt so relieved, at least for now. I am 6 weeks 4 days pregnant and today is my 1st Ultrasound at the hospital. Yes, they found a sac, a york but no embryo. I frek out and to make things worst, instead of comforting me or calming me, the doctor told me that it could be a miscarriage that has yet been detected or it could be that the embryo fail to develope therefore they see no embryo. So she asked me to come back in 2 weeks time for another ultrasound and see if there is any. Then she ended with this sentence : if in 2 weeks time we still see nothing, we will have to have a procedure to undo the pg. So comforting isn't it. Anyway, I want to stay positive and I believe my baby will be fine. Thanks for all your experiences shared over here, really encouraging.

Hayashi girl
I have an appointment with SGH tomorrow morning for another scan co's I really can't wait another week to see the embryo. I really hope that this time round, I can see my little one or ones.
I have a problem... On March 8th I went in to confirm a pregnancy HCG was 47... Doctor said that I was only a week or so along... Then after that I thought I had cramping so they did another test 6 days later on March 14th it was 800 and something... they said it was still low so I went back in 6 days later On March 20th... Then they took some more and it was at 9300. So they did an ultrasound the ultrasound lady said that it looked like I was around 5 weeks or so Seen a sac and Yolk... My doctor called me up and said they didnt see a fetal pole or anything so they want to keep running HCG tests and she made it sound like there was no hope. I don't get is if my HCG is going up and my LMP was Feb 9th. So that means I would be around 6 weeks. I had the ultrasound on March 21st. I also have a tipped uterus. So from what I was reading that can make it hard for them to see stuff. I go in for more blood work next week. I did call about a 2nd opinion that doctor said it was probably just to soon. I have had no cramping other then that cramping I thought I was having turned out to be gas. I have had no bleeding. I have had no morning sickness the only thing is my breasts are VERY sore and I keep gaging in the morning like I am going to puke but I don't. So I am very confussed I do have increased peeing to. Anyone know anything that can help please email me at ***@**** (Old email don't mind it) Please someone help.
Hey I went in yesturday 3/27 to get another HCG test came back over 59,000. So my midwifes nurse said it was a really good sign. They do want to see another Ultrasound on the 6th to see if everythings ok or not. I am only 19 almost 20 years old the chances of a blighted Ovum if I read online are slim. I am sorry to hear about your problems. I know how its going I am sitting here everyday worried. I have had no bleeding still so thats a good sign. I am having nausea worst and worst. I can't even get myself to eat in the morning. Just up and moving it starting to kill me. I can't pick up my nephew my boobs hurt to much. So I am taking these all to be good signs. So I am just hoping things are fine. With my HCG going up so good they said not to worry. So thats my next goal is to try not to worry tell next week.
So sorry for your situation, but I am in the same one.  Date of LMP: Feb. 5th...conceived on Feb. 19th, and I have had a few bad weeks.  I had a bleeding spell last Sunday, spotting through out the week, cramps, and lots of Dr. visits.  Went to Dr. last Monday, did vaginal u/s, had a sack but nothing in it.  My hcg levels were 5300.  Went back Wed., hcg levels were 8800.  Friday had another u/s, and saw something very small, no fetal pole, no heartbeat.  My hcg levels are rising, now 13,000.  I still have spotting and bleeding, and if there is no heartbeat on this Friday, I will have a d & c done.  I asked ultrasound tech if this was normal, and she said no.  
     You & I are right at the same time frame of pregnancy, and I do have sore breasts, no nausea (which I did before) and I have lost that urge to pee all of the time (I was getting up in the middle of the night before) so I am also very confused, and I have hardly told anyone because I think this entire ordeal is CRAZY!  I feel like I am ambiguously pregnant...either I am or I'm not!!!  I do see now that there are a lot of others like us in the same boat.  Please let me know how you make out, and I will do the same.  I am 37 yrs old, first baby, and I came across a woman 26 yrs old going thru same thing...I guess age is not a factor.  Take care and I hope it all works out for you (and I)!
I feel for you because it is so stressful to wait.  I have one 4 year old, have been trying to have a baby for over one year an had one miscarriage in Sept 2005 at about 5-6 weeks.  I have had some irregular periods and some spotting between periods.  I was getting ready to have a biopsy and found out I was preganant so we did not do the biopsy.  I have low progesterine levels and have been taking prog suppositories (yuck) since 3 weeks.  HCG has been going up as normal.  I had a vaginal US on 3/20 which I thought was at 7 weeks.  I haven't had any problems this time, but I wanted the US to make sure everything was OK.  They saw the sac and yolk sack but no baby and told me it was probably a blighted ovum.  I was told to get another US one week later on 3/27.  I had the US and they found an embryo with a heart beat but said it is only maybe 6 weeks, not the 8 weeks I think it is.  I should be happy there is a baby.  BUT ----- The timing concerns me because I was tracking my menstruation and my husband I only had sex once before/during/after ovulation time.  The doc said my yolk sack is larger than normal - I think 9 instead of 6 - and I should go back in 2 weeks for another US.  Oh yeah, the heart bpm is 102 and is a little low per the doc.  I've found info contradicting and supporting that - most say 90-110 is normal at about 6 weeks.  I've been reading a lot on the internet in med journals about abnormal pregancies being predicted by large or abnormal yolk sacks.  Most agree with the doc - that a large sack is not good and will result in miscarriage.  Ugh.  I'm hoping that maybe they measured the embryo wrong and it is really older than they think and the yolk sac size is as it should be.  Would love to hear more of your stories because it seems that there is hope when some of the tests aren't normal in early pregnancy ...only time will tell and I'm hoping to beat the odds...
I'm very concerned about my pregnacy.  I had a miscarriage in on December 22, 2005 had a period on January 20.  I found out that I was pregnant in Feb.  Just had and US but they are not seeing a embryo or heartbeat and they think that I'm around 9 weeks I don't know what to do.  There is no bleeding or cramping and my sac is still forming.  What should I do?
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could give me any advice........ I thought that I was 711/2 weeks pregnant. I went to have my first sono on August 23rd. The sonographer asked me if I was sure of my dates. I am 150% positive without a doubt. He said that he saw a gestational sac and yolk sac but no fetal poles. My HCG levels on the 15th were 28,000. He asked me to come back on August 27 for another sono. I asked to see the doctor and I was told that I would not be able to see him that day. I went home to my husband in tears. I lost the two previous pregnancies as well. I just couldn't believe this was happening again. I decided to gte a second opinion. I went the very next day to a different doctor. She did another sonogram and told me that she didn't know what he was talking about that she could def. see fetal poles and maybe a heart beat. SHe said that she couldn't promise that it was viable. She also checked my HCG levels that day and they were 60,000. She told me that the baby measured at 6 weeks. This just can't be..... I know without a doubt that my dates are correct. She wants to do another sono tomorrow to see if the baby has grown any. Does anyone have any info? I am so confused. Did the baby maybe stop developing at six weeks. I know I have to be further along. Why are my HCG levels so high?
I was curious about your situation I went to the dr today and they couldn't find a embryo but saw a sac. I should be 6weeks and 6days gestation but the embryo should only be 4weeks and 6days old. The doctor ensured me it was a suspected miscarriage I was wondering if it was too early to detect a embryo. I'm terrified and can't wait for my HCG readings to get back. I just miscarried in April at 17wks of pregnancy.

Peacey
I thought I was 7 weeks pregnant had some lite spotting when wipe only  after a bowl movement , the doctor called me in for an ultra sound and she said I measured only 4 1/2 weeks along but my LMP would put me at 7 weeks. They did not see a embryo but did see the sac. They took my hgc levels but I do not know the results yet and I have to come in  Monday for another blood work up and another US on October 23rd.. This makes my 5th child  ( I have 4 boys and would love to have a girl)  I have Cystic Fibrois and a real bad Staff infection  in my sinus  those doctors want me to be treated as high risk  with this pregnancy  but my OB doesn't feel like I should be. He seems to think I may miscarry this baby , I haven't had no morning sickness , my breast have been saor but they aren't that bad  now. With all my other kids I had real bad morning sickness ,the kind you end of losing 27lbs in a month and in the hopstial  but I haven't had nothing yet, I kinda wish I did, I do have to pee alot but I don't feel like I show be doing. I have read all the stuff eveyone has written on this web  site and I am more confused than ever. I know this wasn't planned and I know I am sick but I would like to have this baby  . My kids are 16, 13, 10 and 3 ( the 3 year old was due to medicine I was on ) and he is healthy and a mess he;s the baby and he knows it.  I don't want to lose this baby but I am kinda thinking I might be and the doctor didn't really give me alot of hope either or he just didn't want to mess with me. I will have to see hard facts if I miscarrry before I do an DnC  if it comes down to that and I hope it doesn't. I don't know what my question is to ya I just needed to talk my husband wasn't thril;led about the baby when I told him and ratehr me have an abortion for my health but I can't do that so he leaves me with no one to talk to. I haven't told my kids or family about me being pregnant they all didbn't want me that way to begin with so we are keeping it a secret till I get futher along, maybe that can be there Christmas present if I can carry the baby , wrap up your a grandma again , etc.... and to teh kids you'll got anotehr baby I hope sisieter on the way. No one going to be thrilled about this, I was shocked buit it's wearing on me since I am the one who has to worry all the time about every little pain, blood wiped, whatever my body decideds to do. Is there any calming words out there?
I got pregnant on my first try by using a basal thermometer. I'm not sure if I'm still pregnant but it's a excellent indicator of when you are ovulating so you can try to conceive as you only have about 12-24 hours for that egg to become fertilized before it disintergrates.

Good luck to all of us!
kathy
       Well am very sorry to have heard all this things here but am in the same shoe with some pple in here .I did u/s last two days and what d doctor could see ,a sack but no baby i am 7weeks 2days.he asked me to come back next week for another u/s and reading this site today i strongly believe my baby is doin fine in me .With prayes all things are possible.Thx for  sharing ur story i will feed u pple back as soon as i come back next week from my doc.All thesame lets us all hope for the best in life. Sometimes stress cos it s own damage .............so i choosed to be calm cos whatever will be will be ........instead of been the one to stress tha little baby out .i choosed to be calm with life .
CHI
www.misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com............. u can also get a helpful information there also.so dont stressed out .am taking my own case with calm.
Keep in ind that the fndings of an ultrasound is only as good as the machine, the technician, the doctor reading the results, and all of the tissue getting in the way.  If I had had an ultrasound 10 weeks after my last period, I would have only been 4 weeks pregnant, they would have seen an empty gestational sac, scheduled a D & C and I would not have a son.  Every body is different, especially if things like Polycystic Ovaries are thrown into the equasion.  There is no way of knowing that you ovulated exactly ten days after your first period.  Take these results with a grain of salt and wait.  Unless you are running a high fever or have other severe symptoms, there is no reason to rush out and have a D & C on your doctor's schedule.  Give it enough time to make sure that no mistakes were made.  Good luck to you all, Meg 39, PCOS, pregnant and waiting.

PS. misdiagnosedmiscarriage.com is a great website      
I have a question. I am currently 8 months and at ten weeks we had an ultrasound and the doctor told me we had a tear in the yolk sac, for unknown reasons and to take it easy well over christmas i spiked a fever of 103 and had to go to the emergency room. i was just wondering if this had happened to anyone else and is this something to be concerned about that the doctors are missing? they couldnt find an explanation for the fever
i went for vag ultrasound today, they found a yolk sac but no embryo,my LMP was 12/05/07, is it possible that its still too  early to see an embryo, my md was suggesting D & C, but i am not convinced to have it done, ill have another ultrasound next wednesday, should i just wait, my hcg level was also checked, ill know the results on friday but i had 3 sets of hcg test and all of them were good and was rising at that time 2 weeks prior to today's ultrasound.please i need your advise and thanx a lot.
I am five weeks 4 days pregnant and went for my forst u/s yesterday.  There was nothing but an empty sac.  I had been experiencing some spotting.  I am so scared that I am having a miscarriage.  My HCG level is 13000.
hi just reading through this and i have had similar and hoping someone can help me i went for early scan which i thought i was 6 weeks she could see a sac but no fetus or heartbeat and advised me my sac only looked a 5 weeks gestional and to come back next week .... i have been again this morning and the sac has grown and she seen what is a fetal pole but no heartbeat she says the fetal pole may have been hiding in linning of sac last week as sac has grown but fetal pole is only measuring around 5 weeks and no heartbeat i am just wondeirng if anyone had same situation and wonder if pregnancy was not viable would the sac continue to grow and what do you think the possiblities are of me seeing a heartbeat next week
From the reading I've done about my own situation, it sounds as though you have a "blighted ovum" but I am surprised that your doctor didn't say that to you already. I went to my OB at about 5.5 weeks and was confirmed to be PG with everything looking normal (had a vaginal US). The OB said it was normal not to see a heartbeat yet and made an appointment for me to return in about 2.5 weeks time. I learned at that visit (~8 weeks in) that while the gestational sac had more than doubled since the original US, both an abdominal US and a vaginal US showed a yolk sac with no embryo. The gestational sac was fine, with well defined borders and appropriate placement.

I had no particular changes in my pregnancy symptoms except that during the first part of my short pregnancy, I had a very hard time with certain smells. Even my dear partner smelled like old meat to me. This was tragic for both of us, LOL. We travel between residences in the US and in Europe, so were apart for most of the 2 week duration between medical visits. When I came back to Europe right before the second OB visit, the first thing I noticed was that he didn't smell like meat any more. This probably should have been my first clue that something was wrong with the pregnancy.

Best of luck and I hope that whatever the case is for you, that you are able to find peace in life's mystery and thrive!
hi i went for a u/s i thought i was going to be told i was 12+ wks roughly cause my periods have been very iregular. my sac looked larger then what they found when they did a virginal u/s as an early foetal pole showing 5 wks and 4 days but no heart beat,they said it looks like a silent miscarage i have to go back in 12 days for another u/s im so scared but also praying they will find a heartbeat!!! is it possible the will find a heart beat??