Maternal Expert Forum
Corpus Luteum pain??
About This Forum:

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Corpus Luteum pain??

Posted By Diana on April 25, 1999 at 17:58:10
Dear Doctor,
2 months ago I had a miscarriage at 3 weeks pregnant. Before I found out I was pregnant I had SEVERE pain on or near my left ovary. But it also felt extremely low in my abdomen, near my hip socket. I tested negative on an HPT a few days before so my OB thought it was an ovarian cyst due to Clomid (I also have PCOS). NO pain meds helped, even Ultram. Tested positive on an HPT a few days later and was checked for an ectopic pregnancy which was negative. All they saw on my left ovary was a Graafian follicle cyst. I guess that's the same thing as a corpus lutem?? They didn't mention anything about it being big, they just said it would dissipate in time, which it did. When I moved my bowels or even emptied my bladder, I would feel better. By the time I miscarried a few days after finding out I was pegnant, the cyst was gone. Could that horrific pain I had be the corpus lutem?? If so, why did it hurt SO MUCH??? I thought I was the only one who has ever had this but I found out that a woman I work with, who is 3 months pregnant, also had this pain. What is it, what causes it and why?? Thank you for your time.
Diana

Follow Ups:

Re: Corpus Luteum pain?? hfhs.md.rcs 4/27/1999
(0)