Maternal Expert Forum
Home Pregnancy Tests and Faint Lines

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Home Pregnancy Tests and Faint Lines

I took an Equate pregnancy test and the faintest line appeared - then in the past coupel of days I have taken an EPT, Clear Blue Easy, Anser Plus and Fact Plus and all have come out NEGATIVE.  I even had a qualitative blood test done 2 weeks after possible conception and it came out negative.
  Is that too soon to have a qualitative test done?  Why would one test (EQUATE) show a very faint line and the other 4-5 tests have shown neagtive - no lines at all.  I have taken all my tests first thing in the morning.
  Have you heard anything about Equate or if it has evaporation lines or false positives?  
  Any ideas as to why I have gotten all other negatives and what are the chances I am pregnant?
  Thanks!
Avatar n tn

_
Dear Betsy:
I have no experience to report with Equate. A qualitative pregnancy test done on blood will be positive 2 weeks following conception. I have experience with EPT and Clear Blue Easy: they are reliable tests and do not give false positive reports.
Keywords: home pregnancy tests
This information is provided for education purposes and is not a medical consultation. If you have specific questions, please ask your physician.