Maternal Expert Forum
How long to get preg after taking the pill?

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Posted By Dawne on April 06, 1999 at 09:29:02:

I have been off the pill for a couple of months and I was always a normal 28 day cycle before the pill.   The last cycle was 45 days!  Does that necessarily mean that this cycle will be long also, or could I have even got pregnant this past month. ( I will be 28 days into this cycle today).  Is today too early to take a pregnancy test?
I have heard that one regular period after the pill is all we need to wait for before trying to get pregnant.  Then I have also read that sometimes it takes many months for cycles to become regular enough to become pregnant.  Does age make a differnce also?  I am 28 - does the ability to become pregnant change as a woman gets older?
Thank you for the help you give to me and all others who visit this site!
~Dawne