Maternal Expert Forum
How long to wait to conceive after a molar pregnancy?
About This Forum:

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

How long to wait to conceive after a molar pregnancy?

At the end of September, I was diagnosed to have a molar pregnancy.  (I was 10 weeks along in the pregnancy.)
  My HcG levels fell every week after my D&C.  In two months, my levels had dropped to zero.  My doctor told
  us to wait one year from diagnosis of the molar pregnancy to conceive a child again.  I have read
  cases where other doctors say six months of being at zero is sufficient waiting time.  Do you
  have any additional information for me?  I meet with my doctor in February and am now
  investigating to share information with the doctor.  Thank you for your time.
Dear Nicole:
One year following resolution of the molar pregnancy is the standard recommendation. When patients are older with concern of declining ovarian function, this time may be shortened.
Keywords: molar pregnancy
This information is provided for educatin purposes and is not a medical consultation. If you have specific questions, please speak with your physician.