Maternal Expert Forum
Is Pregnancy Possible?
About This Forum:

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is Pregnancy Possible?

I know this may seem like an incredibly obscure questions (that's saying it nicely), but enlight of the incredible miracles of science, I'm wondering if it would be at all possible to achieve pregnancy after a "complete" hysterectomy?  I'm thinking if a person can receive a heart transplant, maybe there could be a medical procedure that could implant a uterus.  I know the "egg" could not come from me, but what about implanting a uterus and then having artificial insemination?  I know this all sounds strange, but my fianc
Related Discussions

_
Dear Cynthia:
After removal of the uterus, tubes and ovaries (I assume this is what you are calling a complete hysterectomy), there is no technology for one to carry a baby.
Uterus transplant is not a doable operation. All transplants require drugs to suppress the immune system: most are harmful to early pregnancy development.
Adoption is the only option in this setting.
Keywords: pregnancy when uterus has been removed
This information is provided for education purposes and is not a medical consultation. If you have specific questions, please speak with your healthcare provider.

Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...
Jul 20 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
242532_tn?1269553979