Maternal Expert Forum
My Uterus and cervix move

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

My Uterus and cervix move

my uterus is tipped forward and  it and my cervix move around quiet and bit should i be concerned i have went to a obgyn in forever but im kinda concerned
  please any help is appericated
  and its painfull to esp during sex but it gets moved around wether im haveing sex or not
Dear Lynn:
The uterus and cervix are mobile structures. They change position as the bladder fills/empties and as bowel content moves through the pelvis. With intercourse, the vagina lengths by the uterus and cervix elevating towards the top of the pelvis. During pregnancy, the uterus grows and rotates 1/4 turn.
Keywrods: uterus/cervix move
This ifnromation is provided for education purposes and is not a medical consultation. If you have specific questions, please contact your physician.