Maternal Expert Forum
Re: Basal Body Temperature as a Means To Confirm Pregnancy?

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Posted By Chelsea on March 30, 1999 at 11:02:05:

In Reply to: Basal Body Temperature as a Means To Confirm Pregnancy? posted by Ally on March 26, 1999 at 12:11:31:

Hi Alley, It took me 15 months to conceive with my daughter and I was using the temperature method to indicate ovulation. My normal temperature is around 98.0-98.5. When I ovulate, it goes to 98.8-99.1. It stayed there all the way until I found out I was pregnant. You will need to take you temperature for at least a month to find out where your normal temperature is. Take it in the morning before getting out of bed. I just left my thermometer on the nightstand. There are charts you can get to chart your temperature too. That does help, because you can see when it goes up. I got pregnant a day or so before the temperature rised. Hope this helps.