Maternal Expert Forum
Re: Basal Body Temperature as a Means To Confirm Pregnancy?
About This Forum:

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: Basal Body Temperature as a Means To Confirm Pregnancy?

Posted By Chelsea on March 30, 1999 at 11:02:05:

In Reply to: Basal Body Temperature as a Means To Confirm Pregnancy? posted by Ally on March 26, 1999 at 12:11:31:

Hi Alley, It took me 15 months to conceive with my daughter and I was using the temperature method to indicate ovulation. My normal temperature is around 98.0-98.5. When I ovulate, it goes to 98.8-99.1. It stayed there all the way until I found out I was pregnant. You will need to take you temperature for at least a month to find out where your normal temperature is. Take it in the morning before getting out of bed. I just left my thermometer on the nightstand. There are charts you can get to chart your temperature too. That does help, because you can see when it goes up. I got pregnant a day or so before the temperature rised. Hope this helps.