Maternal Expert Forum
Re: Ectopic Preg??

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Re: Ectopic Preg??

Posted By tina on April 25, 1999 at 10:56:17
i had sex on 3/25/99, but my partner did not ejaculate in me. But, i think i may be pregnant because i missed my period, which was due 4/7/99. I took a home pregnancy test, and it was negative. But i still feel like i'm bloated and i urinate every hour! I also feel some pain in my lower pelvic area. Yet, on 4/20/99, i began bleeding and it stopped 4 days later. I want to believe that it was my period, but is it possible that i have an ectopic pregnancy? Is there any way i can test if i do have one? i can't go to my doctor b/c i am only 19 and seeing the family doctor. I'm scared he'll tell my parents. But i am also concerned about my health. Is it possible to be pregnant just with the precum? please help me! i tried the home test, what can i do now? Could the bleeding be my period?

Posted By Jenni on April 25, 1999 at 12:11:59
I had an ectopic preg about two years ago.  When I began my bleeding, it was bright red and lasted for two weeks.  After 10 days, I went to the ER and they gave me a preg test which came up positive.  The only way you can know if you have an ectopic is through your doctor.  I would call him/her and let them know your concern.  They are under a doctor/client obligation of privacy by law and ethics.  They WILL NOT tell your parents, especially because you are over 18.  I would at least call the doctor and speak with them directly.  Tell the person who answers the phone that you suspect an ectopic and they will put you in touch directly with the dr.  Good Luck!  I hope you just had your period late! :-)

Follow Ups: