Maternal Expert Forum
Re: Home Pregnancy Tests and Faint Lines
About This Forum:

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: Home Pregnancy Tests and Faint Lines

Posted By Rh on March 11, 1999 at 13:48:25:

In Reply to: Re: Home Pregnancy Tests and Faint Lines posted by Tracy Trull on March 10, 1999 at 16:35:31:

I took an Equate pregnancy test and the faintest line appeared - then in the past coupel of days I have taken an EPT, Clear Blue Easy, Anser Plus and Fact Plus and all have come out NEGATIVE.  I even had a qualitative blood test done 2 weeks after possible conception and it came out negative.
Is that too soon to have a qualitative test done?
Blood testing is very accurate, so I would say it is pretty reliable.
Why would one test (EQUATE) show a very faint line and the other 4-5 tests have shown neagtive - no lines at all.  I have taken all my tests first thing in the morning.
Could be you got a bad test. Did you check the expiration date on it?
Have you heard anything about Equate or if it has evaporation lines or false positives?
Could be just that, thats why I have always recommended a second test when there are very faint positives.
Any ideas as to why I have gotten all other negatives and what are the chances I am pregnant?
Pregnancy not likely with all of the negatives, especially the blood test.
Thanks!