Maternal Expert Forum
Re: possible blighted ovum HELP NOW
About This Forum:

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank

Re: possible blighted ovum HELP NOW

Posted By Beth on March 03, 1999 at 18:36:06:

In Reply to: possible blighted ovum HELP NOW posted by Kris on March 03, 1999 at 15:57:22:

Kris -- what wonderful news!  I'm so happy for you, & it gives me some hope that maybe a better machine will show better results for me too.  (The timing, unfortunately, is less encouraging; since I just had my ultrasound yesterday, your heartbeat still showed up sooner than mine will.)  It's interesting what your doctor said about Clomid.  I actually have been taking it & was wondering if it was allowing blighted ova to implant when they wouldn't have otherwise...  No, they haven't been taking HCG levels, though they did last time; it's somthing I should ask about.  I had one more question for you: my doctor mentioned seeing the two gestational sacs but didn't say anything about a yolk sac in either one.  Can you explain the difference between a gestational sac & a yolk sac?  Did your doctor say anything about the importance of seeing one?  Thanks for your support & CONGRATULATIONS!