Maternal Expert Forum
SKIDS

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

SKIDS

Posted By Bear on August 09, 1998 at 22:44:42:

I am trying to find some info on a disease called SKIDS.  The female is the carrier and the disease only affects males.  My aunt told me it runs in my family.  Am eager to find info because my daughter is 4 months pregnant.  I don't know is SKIDS is the name of the disease or the initials.  Would very much appreciate any info. She also said if it was detected before birth they could do a bone marrow transplant other wise the boy child would die early in life, even with the transplant the child would be sick and need a shot of something everyday.  Thank You.