Maternal Expert Forum
Sweating While Breastfeeding
About This Forum:

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Sweating While Breastfeeding

I  have noticed that the last couple of days my 3 month old has been perspiring a lot more, particularly when he is nursing.  His hair becomes quite damp and it has concerned me, since it had not occurred before.
  I have checked his temperature and it is normal, he's not too bundled up and the heater isn't even on.  Is this normal? Thank you so much for giving us nervous mother a forum where we can ask these sort of things
  Bella
=======================================================================================================================================================================
Dear Bella,
As long as you have done the temperature check and all is normal I don't think there is anything to worry about.  I don't know where you live but as spring comes we all get a little warmer.  Newborn infants generally do not sweat, but as we begin to grow and mature we all have varying degrees of activity in our sweat glands.  So if the temperature is increasing where you live I would assume that your little person is just trying to adjust.  I am also assuming that the baby is eating, sleeping, pooping, and peeing well (the four important infant activities).  If any of those is out of wack or the baby does start to run a fever I would check with your physician.
This material is provided for general informational purposes only and should not be considered a formal medical evaluation.  If you have specific questions, please contact your primary physician.  
hfhs. rn-dh
*keywords:  breastfeeding, fever