Maternal Expert Forum
Transposition of Chromosones

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Transposition of Chromosones
Posted By Emmie on July 26, 1998 at 14:58:22:

Both of my daughters have reversed 7 & 15 chromosones. The older of the two had five miscarriages before she finally went full term with her pregnancy. My younger daughter is now pregnant and was tested for the same situation and it came back positive.  After an in-depth ultra sound, they found the kidney of the baby to have many cysts.  Could this be caused from the chromosone problem? And, is this problem a genetic one stemming from either their father or myself?  Please explain or give me any information so that I can understand this problem better.  Thank you very much.