Maternal Expert Forum
Urethritis

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Urethritis

Posted By Teri on July 29, 1998 at 15:54:33:

two weeks ago my seven year old daughter began to have severe pain on her left side so I took her to the emergency room.The ER doctor said that he thought she either had early signs of acute appedicitis or gastronitis.He told me that if the pain became isolated on the right side or if her fever jumped up to bring her back.He gave her no medicine to take but informed that if I had any phenergan to give it to her for cramps.This occurred all on a Saturday afternoon.Sunday morning she woke up with blood in her panties and the she had bleeding three times after she went to the bathroom.My younger daughter had a kidney infection last year and the symptoms were alomst the same.I returned to the ER and the same doctor concluded that she had nothing wrong with her and just to take her home.The next day I was at my pediatrician's office when it opened to find out what he thought was wrong with her.He immediately diagnosed her with urethritis. My question is if she would have gone untreated what could have resulted from the infection.Is there anything I can do to prevent it from happening again?
Thank you
Teri