Maternal Expert Forum
VOMITING VOMITING AND VOMITING AGAIN

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

VOMITING VOMITING AND VOMITING AGAIN

Posted By Marcia on December 06, 1998 at 09:49:07:

Hi, my son is 3 years old and since June /98 he had the same thing happening 5 times. On June the doctor said that he had caught a stomach bug and at this time it seems that was really a bug because 3 days after he had it his brother had the same tihing. The vomit stopped in 24 hours and he seemed fine after that. The same thing happened in July, then in Octobe, then in November, less than a month after the last episode, and now again, less than 3 weeks after the last one. The doctor diagnosed stomach flu for all. What is bothering me a lot is the fact that since the first time, his brother never caught it from him again, and,it seems to me that is happening quite often, and when he still in recuperation for one episode then another one begins. He usually vomits 4 or 5 times, and never had diarrea (diarrhea), he still continues to play as usual eventhough he is sick. Last time he began to complain of abdominal pain before starting to vomit. I don't want to think about bad things but its seems a little bit weird so many "bugs" suddenly. oh, by the way, he never had any stomach problems when he was a baby.
The vomits looks like kind of raw white eggs