Maternal Expert Forum
Wondering.......
About This Forum:

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Wondering.......

: My 4 year old son has been blinking frequently while watching television. He doesn't watch a lot of tv (about 1 hour a day) but as soon as it is turned on the blinking starts..I asked him if his eyes bothered him and he said "Miss Piggy makes me dizzy." I also notice him rubbing his eyes and this morning when he awoke he told me his eyes hurt.
  : Does this behavior suggest a vision problem? WHat types of tests do they offer for young children? How accurate are these vision tests and if it isn't his vision what else could it be?
  : Thanks for your help!
  This could be a vision problem. The "eye doctor" has special tests for younger children, using shapes, pictures, colors, some numbers and letters if they know them. The tests can be very accurate if done by a doctor specializing in younger children.
  Tracy
HFHS.RN-AM