Maternal Expert Forum
hcg levels after miscarriage
About This Forum:

Patient medical question and answer from The Maternal and Child Health Forum. Health topic area and articles about newborn care

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

hcg levels after miscarriage

I had a miscarriage at 7 weeks. I am no longer bleeding and feel fine. My last ultrasound was clear after my initial ultrasound which diagnosed the miscarriage. My Hcg levels following miscarriage are:
  Nov 9=546
  Nov 13=297
  Nov 17 = 219
  I go for reapeat test in a week. Are these values normal? I do not get much feedback even when I ask the Dr.  I was a bit concerned that it didnt drop much from the 13th to the 17th. Thank you
Dear Chris:
It takes 5 to 6 weeks, following miscarriage, for the hCG levels to come into the non-pregnant range. Once the downward trend has been established and there is no bleeding or other symptoms (persisting breast tenderness, nausea, high blood pressure, enlarged uterus), there is little need to keep measuring the levels.
Keywords: hCG, miscarriage
this information isprovided for educatio purposes only and is not a medical consultation. If you have specific questions, please contact your physician.