Maternity ward User Group
Anyone else worried?
About This Group:

A place where mom to be can come and relax. Take a break from the day to day stress with friends and vent, even ask those questions we need answers to. Come on in let's share our pregnant stories and announce the birth out our little miricals!

Founded by tattoomommy03 on January 26, 2013
44 members

Anyone else worried?

Or is it just me? I had some new neighbors that moved in awhile ago and they came to my door this morning collecting money for a babies head stone.. when I asked what happened they said they baby passed away from SIDS at a month old... I've heard of it before but never really worried much. Didn't even know about it with my son. But now I'm terrified.
Oh wow....I know about it. Even heard a couple stories....but try not to think about it. Are you sure the neighbors aren't just out scamming $$?. So wehave a ghetto house next door that has renters and could see them trying a scam like that. Although I just heard they are moving...yay.
Since I work in childcare I have to have SIDS training every 3 years. From what they say the majority of SIDS related deaths can be prevented. Since the back to sleep campaign the number of SIDS related deaths has decreased a lot. Other things taught to help prevent SIDS are not to use crib bumpers, no stuffed animals or pillows in the crib, blankets aren't recommended but if used to use a light one-sleep sacks are now recommended, making sure baby isn't too hot, don't allow people to smoke around the baby. Sometimes SIDS is going to happen no matter how many precautions we make though which is really sad and I can't imagine having to go through losing a baby.
I can't either.. the thought alone is scarey. It was my neighbors in laws side that it happened to. Just sad. I was only able to give 5 bucks but if its a scam shaim on them
Now I just added on other fear to my list lol.
Ya its a really freaky thing bc there is no explanation about how it happens my mom was checking me constantly putting a mirror underneath my nose I have a feeling ill be the same also
That was good of you to give them a few bucks. If they are scammers karma will come around.
Kinda thinking about the video monitor to help watch as well.
I'm thinking about getting a sids monitor. They are hooked up directly to emergency so they get there faster if anything happened. A friend of mine told me about it. Will do some research and let y'all know.
Flickan has surgery scheduled for C... Comment
Sep 18
New Mommy 2 Be 2007 Love my kids Comment
Sep 15
BarbieAnn85 found out the day after my ... Comment
Sep 13