Frustrated!
So I am by no means a five star chef but I am definitely a decent cook and I put some effort into feeding my family well. I'm pretty good at changing things up so its not like I serve the same several meals over and over again and i always make my meals fresh from scratch. My 11 year old never eats anything I make. He refuses to try anything. I seriously think he would eat Mac n cheese from a box every night if I let him. Last night I made chile relleños, Spanish rice, and cilantro lime corn. He had one bite of corn and wouldn't eat any of the rest of it. I got so frustrated with him. I told him that there are a lot of people who would love to eat like that every night. He just shrugged his shoulders and walked away. I've tried everything. I've tried including him in the meal planning, I won't let him eat anything other than what I serve for dinner, I've had him talk to his cross country coach about how eating well will improve his performance. Nothing is working and I'm just so frustrated!
Sounds like most kids his age. I get the same from my 12 and 9 year olds. Its drives me crazier because just a few years ago they would eat almost anything. All we can do is keep trying. I put it on their plates and encourage them to try it. Not much more you can do.
I tell my kids that if they don't eat what's for dinner then they starve because there's nothing else lol. But one week i told my kids they could all pick a meal for each night of the week and i would make it. We ended up eating hotdogs, hamburgers, mini pizzas and spaghetti bog, i haven't let them choose  again since, but i don't mind doing that for them every now and again. Maybe you could ask your son for any suggestions and get him to help with making it?
Yesterday I had him right down 10 of his favorite meals and 10 meals he absolutely hates. I told him I wouldn't serve any of the meals he hates as long as he eats the meals I do make that he likes.
That sound like a good deal mizz. I had to do the same with my oldest. Whenever was a picky eater. Ate anything I gave him. But I also told him we needed to work together like I make what you love as long as you eat one thing you don't really care for that I enjoy ( mushrooms etc. ) so far so good.
I was sick of there being 3 other people eating in my house and that I'm the only one responsible for deciding what's for dinner. Ive now made it where my hubby picks what we are having two nights and each boy picks one night. That way I only have to plan dinner for 3 nights. I still do all the cooking but I don't mind that.
I cant really give u any advice on this topic bc I only have one child but I give u orops for being able to cook things from scratch lol my hubby would be in heaven if I knew how to do that lol I can cook and prepare things that come woth direction :))
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
NimdaAilil Why is it so cold? It's alr... Comment
May 25
NimdaAilil commented on LiliaMC's status
May 25
New Mommy 2 Be 2007 Pregnant with baby #4 and s... Comment
Apr 26