Maternity ward User Group
Hello All
About This Group:

A place where mom to be can come and relax. Take a break from the day to day stress with friends and vent, even ask those questions we need answers to. Come on in let's share our pregnant stories and announce the birth out our little miricals!

Founded by tattoomommy03 on January 26, 2013
45 members

Hello All

I just found out that I am pregnant for the 3rd time. I have an amazing 20month old and miscarried 4 months ago. I am feeling ancious as I am approaching the time frame when things went wrong last time. I try taking naps while my son sleeps and try avoid doing strenuous  activity. I have my first appointment scheduled for may 24th but was thinking of taking home pregnany test to monitor things until I can get in. Has anyone been in my shoes orvam I over reacting?
Welcome to the group! And congrats on the pregnancy!
I understand your fear completely. I lost a pregnancy in July 2012 and had to have a d&c done. But now 29+2 with twin boys due July. When I found out I was very worried about it happening again. the most important thing you can do in my opinion is to take your vitamins, eat well,  drink your water and take it as easy as you can. Try not to stress so much even though its hard not to. Just keep faith and know its going to be alright. Its wonderful you've got your Dr appointment set. If your worried you maybe able to see your Dr as a walk in or go to a womans clinic. Either way sweetie,  congrats on them pregnancy! Its wonderful news and enjoy it!
I have also gone through this and it is natural to be worried. It will get easier as you move into your second trimester. Emma had good advice..I know its hard not to stress..but try not to. My dr told me that I wasn't going to do anything to cause it..that if it was going to happen it would happen.. that helped me stop obsessing on everything I was doing and focus on a healthy pregnancy. I have 4 beautiful boys and a little girl on the way in 40 days.  Hang in there! You should feel better after you see your dr.
I've been through it as well. Had tons of issues during the first trimester which included a threatened miscarriage. I'm now 28 weeks with mylil diva. My 1st m/c happened a few years ago. My second was this last Aug/ beginning of Sept. I gave myself a cycle to heal internally and got pregnant Oct 17th.  It's scary and was even into the 2nd trimester for me. I'm a Ftm so I think part of it was not knowing what to expect. Know you are not alone on your feelings and this group is full of great support when we find ourselves in our head too much.
Thank you for your time. Yes I am blessed to have another chance at being mom to another baby. However this time around I am waiting to "feel" pregnant. I had mild cramping about a week ago when I thought my cycle was starting but other then that I don't have many symptoms. I love that IS can learn and share stories on here. Congrats on the twins! Any names yet? Thanks so much for your response.
Thank you for your time. Yes I see you women are verybnice and I appreciate all the kind words. Miscarriages are just horrible and I didn't know they were so common. Well congrats and thanks for everything.
Anytime. That's what were here for :-) . It will feel more real soon. For me it wasn't until I heard the heart beat that I knew everything was OK. Just take it one day at a time. All anyone can do. In the mean time,  don't be a stranger and talk to us!
My twins will be named Zachary Allan and Joshua Allan. Oh and if you have a fb I started a group called mothers in the making. Feel free to stop by that too.
There are moments (more rare now) where o just felt like I was sick or something and could almost forget I was pregnant.  Then I get a kick, gas, or try to look at my feet and then remember......not sure if that's normal or not...
I like the names! So how does the twin gene work? Is it inherited from the mother or the father because my husband mother is a twin and there is also another set of twins on his side... with my first child i thought for sure that there was two babies in there because my belly just blew up.. I am so looking forward to that again. The only thing I am worried about is the fact that my feet were so swollen with the last that i couldn't wear anything on my feet.. it was ok given that Brayden was born in August.. but I am due in December... extra large slippers here I come ??? have a great day!
Haha I'm a sandle queen. Year around rain or shine lol. As for twin.. I have no clue. There isn't any on my side or on the fathers. Just happened for me. Weird but awesome.
thats awesome... yes i wore my sandals everywhere as well.. so much that when i took them off and placed them at the door... stepped back and looked at them... they sorta looked like a boat. the toes and heals were rounded up... I don't know what i would do if I were to have twins except for stock up on some 5 hr energy . Being a mother is awesome. Has its challenges, but the best responsibility in the world.
Mine too. I go thru more sandles its unreal. I have to agree. Its the best responsibility being a mom.
Sorry to hear about the mc.. will keep you in my sticky dust thoughts.. I had several mc's 8 to be exact.. then I got the bad news.. doctors said I'd never carry to term or far enough to deliver.. well guess what doctors I have 3 beautiful baby girls now, all conceived and delivered the old natural way (+ the epidural) everything happens for a reason hard as it sounds , but if my other pregnancies would have worked out I would not have my 3 beautiful princesses or my somewhat amazing husband.. gl and you'll be in my prayers
That's sad but I love your end results. It makes me wondering what the world would be like if we believed everything the doctors told us. I know for the most part they advise us on what they feel is best, but sometimes I think they see $ signs and that polls on what advise they give. I am praying for a girl . She will be they only grand daughter of 4 boys. I think it will cause some controversy in my family because I was the 2nd of 4 kids and my siblings always said I was the favorite.. and so if the "favorite" has the only girl i can see what they will be saying next.. But.. either way I have been blessed. I am 5 weeks without and cramping or bleeding like i did when I missed carried. I pray every day for a belly full of glue to hold this little one in place until its time for her to be mine.
emmajojo joined this group
Welcome them!
Sep 25
Flickan has surgery scheduled for C... Comment
Sep 18
New Mommy 2 Be 2007 Love my kids Comment
Sep 15