Maternity ward User Group
My daughter only wants me.
About This Group:

A place where mom to be can come and relax. Take a break from the day to day stress with friends and vent, even ask those questions we need answers to. Come on in let's share our pregnant stories and announce the birth out our little miricals!

Founded by tattoomommy03 on January 26, 2013
45 members

My daughter only wants me.

I went grocery shopping tonight and left Genevieve home with dad. I get home to my hubby ready to rip his hair out because here she screamed the whole two hours I was gone. I felt so bad for both of them. Here I was thinking all was well because he didn't call. This is becoming a normal thing her not being happy with him. I try to have her hang with him so I can have an hour to do whatever and she'll be content for a few minutes and then she's crabby and crying. She's done the same thing with my mom too when we have been over visiting. She watched her for an hour the other day and she just crabbed the whole time. Not sure what to do here. I try to have her spend time with other people and I have others give her bottles so I'm not the only source of food. I know she's only a month old but I need to be able to get stuff done or be gone for a little while and know she'll be okay.
Our birthing class suggested that take a shirt of yours and wrap baby in it when its not you giving her food. They said it may help.with the transition. Not sure if it will work....worth a shot?
She ate fine for him just wanted nothing else to do with him. He said she'd finally doze off in his arms so he just held her then she'd wake up after 10 minutes look at him and just lose it. I know part of it is because I'm breastfeeding and because I'm the one with her all day.
:( Wish I knew something that could help.
Separation anxiety is hard for everyone.. some times the best thing you. Can do is let them cry...
Well she just doesn't like him. At least that's what he thinks now and he feels just awful. We went to a wedding last night and my bf watched her for 6 hours and she was a perfect angel for her the whole time. We pick her up and get home, I nurse her, she's all happy after, he wants to hold her because he missed her and as soon as I hand her to him she just starts screaming. He tried to calm her down for a few minutes and she wouldn't so he gave her back to me and she's instantly quite. He looked like he wanted to cry and he says to her "I just want you to like me". I feel so bad. I hope she out grows this soon.

Aww :( poor guy.
Awwww poor guy. That made me tear up a bit. How is he when he holds her? Is he tense? Nervous? ( I believe energy has a lot to.do with stuff like this ) kids can read peoples emotions very well.
I agree with you about children being able to tell how you feel. Babies and little kids always love him. He always starts out calm and mellow. Now after she starts screaming he understandably gets stressed. When we were in the hospital he held her more than me. If I wasn't feeding her he was cuddling her. Our boys were like this with him and I breastfed them too.

She was a little better with him today. He held her and played with her for about 20 minutes before she had enough of him.

20 min is a start! Mom and baby have a huge bond while breast feeding. Maybe that's it.. have you invited him to help in the feeding? I know it sounds weird but having him support your breast and the baby might help.
dcsteed uploaded new photos
Oct 19
dcsteed BFN... 18 months and counti... Comment
Oct 19
thirdtimemum Bailey is now 18 months old... Comment
Oct 06