Maternity ward User Group
Not at all pregnancy/baby/kid related
About This Group:

A place where mom to be can come and relax. Take a break from the day to day stress with friends and vent, even ask those questions we need answers to. Come on in let's share our pregnant stories and announce the birth out our little miricals!

Founded by tattoomommy03 on January 26, 2013
44 members

Not at all pregnancy/baby/kid related

Last week I got bit by a spider. Some of the details are kind of gross so skip the post if you're squeamish. It got really red and painful and my skin started peeling and it filled with puss. I put some neosporin on it and took some Benadryl and it stopped reacting and by the next morning it was all scabbed over. Yesterday my scab fell off and it started bleeding profusely and then when the bleeding stopped  it filled with puss again. I cleaned it out really well and again put some neosporin on it. Today when I woke up it looked just like any other old regular healing wound. Nothing alarming at all. Then around lunchtime, almost immediately, it got really swollen and I started to get a rash all around the bite area. Within about an hour the bite itself started turning purple and the rash started spreading. I called my dr at that point and they couldn't get me an appointment until Monday morning. She said to go to the ER immediately if it gets worse or if I get a fever. That was about two hours ago. The bite isn't any worse but now my arm aches really badly and I feel really weak and nauseous. It's well over 100 degrees here right now so I'm not sure if I'm feeling bad because of my infected bite or because of the heat or maybe I'm just coming down with something. What do you think? Should I go to the ER or wait it out. I hate the ER.
Is there an urgent care you could go too? If not I think I might go to the ER. After how you described it I think its something that needs to be check out before Monday.
I agree. ID go to the emergency room. It sounds yucky. Bad spider! I hope it died!
Do you know what type bit you? It kinda sounds like a brown recluse. I've heard similar stories.  Hope you get better mizzz. This the season for spiders :'(
I agree....go in. If it was a brown recluse, if enough skin rots away they are gonna have to do a skin graph. Don't want anything traveling through your blood system if its something else.   Keep us updated.
I woke up with a fever this morning so I finally went in to urgent care. They said it didn't look like a brown recluse bite but it definitely is infected. They gave me some antibiotics and said to follow up and keep my appointment with my dr on Monday.
Glad its being taken care of. Yuk...spiders.
I'm glad you went in. Hope you are feeling better soon :)
That's a relief! I'm glad you went.in. spiders are nasty. Not enough raid to get rid of them. Get better mizzz!
My cuz got a black widow spider bite on his finger but at first he didnt know what it was bc he didnt see what bit him but like 30 minutes later he started to talk to people that werent there and got all light headed and got a cab and wrnt to the ER..since the bite was on his finger and not like near the heart of somewhere where its a major artery like it took longer for the effects to happen is what he said but he when got home from the hospital he saw like a black widow on his room again and realized it was that spider..uggh apidwr bites are my worst fear and for my son to get bitten too..
I've actually been bit by a black widow before and this bite was nothing compared to the black widow. That was horrible. It was only a little wolf spider that bit me. It seems like every time I have been bit by a spider since the black widow incident it's gotten infected.
New Mommy 2 Be 2007 Love my kids Comment
BarbieAnn85 found out the day after my ... Comment
Sep 13
LiliaMH added the Weight Tracker
Sep 11