Maternity ward User Group
hormones or not?
About This Group:

A place where mom to be can come and relax. Take a break from the day to day stress with friends and vent, even ask those questions we need answers to. Come on in let's share our pregnant stories and announce the birth out our little miricals!

Founded by tattoomommy03 on January 26, 2013
43 members

hormones or not?

Hi ladies this really is not about my pregnancy but i need to know if I'm over reacting or not. My first son is 9 years old and has 8 diagnosis disabilities. I have him in a charter school so most of the teaching is done at home with a teacher who we meet with once a week to help stay on tract. Due to the disabilities he has a hard time with reading, this last week his teacher decided to tell me that I'm a bad parent because he is not reading to his grade level. His brain does not process phonics we have tried and tried so this year I said no phonics! and lets try whole word reading. He was reading almost to grade level and she put phonics back into the picture and now he is jot reading at all. Do I have a right to be upset or are my hormones just taking over? Any help or advise or input would be appreciated
As a mother,  yes you do have a right to be upset. You just want the best for your child no matter what level he may be at. All kids learn differently and at their own pace. My son is 10 and in there 5th grade and reads at a 3rd grade level. Its not that he's stupid because he's far from it. He's very smart. He has a hard time with words and pronouncing them. Also has a hard time remembering what he had read. They fought me the for a year trying to tell me I'm a bad mom for not helping him when that's all I did. I spent hours every night helping him with homework and reading. I told them one day to come on over and be there fly on my wall and watch what I do. And they did.
Its very frustrating when you do everything you can to help your child and have someone put you down like that. Keep faith mama,  your lil boy will learn and understand in his own way in his own time. You know him better than they do. Remember that.
thank you.
Kids learn at their own pace it might take some kids longer then others but dont rush or force anything he will get it spite all his disabilities he will be fine I took me forever to learn how to tie my own shoes and my husband has had a learning disabilitiy all of his life but he is fine just a few hurdles here and there but no big deal
You are the parent there for you have final choices on what is right for your child until he can take responsibility for his actions. With that said, Yes i would be very upset with seeing a struggling child over come and make progress just to see a teacher take that away as if she/he knows best. Do what works for your child. If that teacher is not letting you participate in your childs education then i might seek a different teacher that wants your child to succeed.
dcsteed Waiting for O.. Just want i... Comment
Jul 21
New Mommy 2 Be 2007 Pregnant again! Franco is j... Comment
Jul 20
maggiemagpie joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 13