Maternity ward User Group
long term
About This Group:

A place where mom to be can come and relax. Take a break from the day to day stress with friends and vent, even ask those questions we need answers to. Come on in let's share our pregnant stories and announce the birth out our little miricals!

Founded by tattoomommy03 on January 26, 2013
40 members

long term

OK I've made up my mind ( again ) that I will not be having my tubes tied after the boys are born. the more I sat and thought about it,  the more permanent it got. I dony want to rob myself of the possibility of potentially having another baby later on in my life. ( who knows the father may not be a douche next time lol )...
My question is about long term birth control. I'm horrible with remembering to pop a pill everyday and the patch is not going to happen. the ring freaks me out and iud scares me after having a c section.. I would love to know if there is something long term that I don't have to worry about gaining a ton of weight on.. any ideas ladies? My Dr won't talk to me about birth control until I'm closer to my date for some stupid reason

The only forms of birth control I've used are the pill and depo shot. I personally love the depo shot but I know a lot of people don't. My Dr tried to talk me into the implant that goes in your upper arm. He says most people that get it are really happy with it and it lasts for like 3-5 years, I can't remember exactly.
They have an implant? I'll have to look into that.. do you know what its called?
I liked the shot. It was nice. Only thing I didn't like was there 45 lbs I gained and how long it too for my periods to come back :-( but it was so nice not to worry about it. Mirena was good to but my Dr doesn't do those. He only offers the copper one.
Its called implanion I believe. I never gained weight with the depo. My Dr had warned me that it increased your appetite so I was just careful about what and how much I ate.
I used the ring when they first came out. Didn't like it. Other than that...just the pill. So I'm no help. Terrified of needles. Any other options?
I've know quite a few people who have had the implant and love it as a form of birth control. I do know a lot of my patients however, have gone to get their rod removed or replaced and the tissues have grown over it and they are stuck with it. It does bece inactive after a certain amount of time though. Just do your research first. Good for you for not getting your tubes tied. I know the most practical thing for me would have been to get mine tied, especially since I'm 34 but I know it's one of those things that can't be undone. Better to regret not doing it and get it done later rather than getting it done now and regretting it.
I think I will go for the implant. Read on it and it seems wonderful. Pretty much a no brainer and I'm good at that lol. Thanks for helping.
i actually lost weight on depo. i've done the pill, the patch and the depo shot. i liked the depo shot best. I have a friend that had the mirena iud and had to have it surgically removed cuz it broke through her uterine wall so thats scary, they have a big lawsuit going on right now with that one
True you are still young to go permanent :-). And the cost of reversal is high,  I was reading through my insurance booklet and stumbled upon infor saying they don't pay for reversals. And there are no guarantees that the reversal will work anyway. Am no spring chicken so am going permanent if I have c section. If I have natural birth then am exploring long term  till I can have my tubes tied. So might consider an implant
katngary143 can't believe my marshmallo... Comment
Apr 07
katngary143 commented on thirdtimemum's status
Apr 07
thirdtimemum We just celebrated Bailey's... Comment
Apr 06