Maternity ward User Group
vent
About This Group:

A place where mom to be can come and relax. Take a break from the day to day stress with friends and vent, even ask those questions we need answers to. Come on in let's share our pregnant stories and announce the birth out our little miricals!

Founded by tattoomommy03 on January 26, 2013
44 members

vent

So in the hospital my hubby took care of the baby 24/7 bc I literally couldn't walk bc of the epidural the end of the second day I could walk and the third day I was fine...so he was amazing and he does help when he is home or when I ask him to help but its not all the time..like it would be fantastic for me when he comes home to take care of his kid bc oo ya thats what I do everyday all day ya granted im not working but my schedule isnt going to change when I do the baby will be going to work and I still have to resume the roll as the mom its not like it goes away and then I think about all the single moms raising multiple kids by themselves..like my lack of sleep isnt going to change and im still going to go to work with sleepless nights while your *** sleeps bc u have to drive well poop didnt know u can check in and out when u want too..its soo true when u carry the baby give birth and take care od it 24/7 for the rest of it life its motherhood and I love it but its just shows u the truth...and ya honestly we don't need the men in our lives we want them in our lives but obviously we can still keep trucking if they leave..thats why us ladies are kick butt in every way. .thanks for letting me vent... <3
Hey kat! Glad you're little baby is doing well. Being a single mom is hard but it's also hard to focus on your relationship when you have another little person depending on you so completely. Each way has its own set of challenges. Like you said, us ladies just kick butt! As for your other post, I started supplementing my baby with formula around 3 months and my milk production slowed down when I did. Now she's 6 months and on solids and I still breastfeed her. My milk has slowed down quite a bit but I'm still able to do it. Just keep pumping regularly. That will help. An breastfeed your baby before you give him formula.
I know how you feel! Men are men. Granted there are amazing men out there who step up and kick *** as parents. But there are a lot that don't. My dad told me when I was born he didn't really ake care of me because he was afraid he was going to mess me up.some how. To me an excuse but to him it was a fear. Men go thru something different when baby is born. A lot of their times they are overwhelmed and or feel left out when mom kicks pass lol. And they were complicated creatures ...
Truth is we only need the men for conception. We got the rest.
I honestly think most men walk around with blinders on and just don't notice what needs to be done. My hubby is happy to help out but I almost always have to ask him in order for him to do stuff. Its drives me crazy from time to time but if he hasn't changed by now, 13 years, its not going to happen :)
I think you are right...we choose to have men in our lives, we don't need them. Hopefully you guys can find a compromise somehow to get you the support you need.
Yep, that seems to be the way...............i can look after 2 kids and a baby, and get all the housework done, the school runs, and all with a baby tucked under one arm. I get my partner to look after bubs, and that's just it, he looks after bubs only, there's nothing else getting done! Its amazing what we can do, work, housework, and caring for kids, we can juggle everything. Men just don't seem to have that. It's like they can only focus on one thing at a time.
Well he came home sat on the bed I left the baby with him came back into the room and was all r u ok with the baby or should I take him upstairs with me? Then we got into it and of course he brings up none sense arguements about how I dont wear my wedding ring and im worries about wearing it bc I dont want to scratch the baby then we were going back n forth but the main arguement which got through to him..I told him that kendrick deserves a dad that will go above and beyond gary owes it to his baby and so do I..before I eat shower go potty anything I make sure my baby is 100%...we ended up resolving it..so that was a day ago..im just going to see what he does bc I told him also if he doesnt step up and I start to work and the same thing happens then there is going to be problems lol...so for me im just taking theses days before I start work and build my bond with my baby and gary is his own person he listened to what I said and he will make his own chocies..so ill keep u posted on that lol
Good for you for putting it out there. Hopefully it will be a wake up call and he will step up to the plate.
New Mommy 2 Be 2007 Love my kids Comment
Sep 15
BarbieAnn85 found out the day after my ... Comment
Sep 13
LiliaMH added the Weight Tracker
Sep 11