Maternity ward User Group
what the hell is with women?!
About This Group:

A place where mom to be can come and relax. Take a break from the day to day stress with friends and vent, even ask those questions we need answers to. Come on in let's share our pregnant stories and announce the birth out our little miricals!

Founded by tattoomommy03 on January 26, 2013
44 members

what the hell is with women?!

I'm getting almost sick of reading post about women trying to loose weight during pregnancy. Its one thing to be eating healthy and not gaining a ton but to actually try to loose weight is insane! Don't they realize that you have to gain a little and will gain a little due to the baby growing inside them? My Dr said an average woman will gain 15 lbs to 20 lbs of pure baby weight meaning the baby,  water,  placenta and the other fun stuff in there. the rest is body fat I believe. I wish these women would stop worrying so much about weight and enjoy the pregnancy they have been blessed with. the weight will come off after birth.
I agree with you. I totally get trying not to gain a ton but its not healthy to intentionally lose weight.
I think that some of the larger ladies have heard the stories about how so n so for pregnant and lost 30 lbs. It does happen for some people. I mean im still 15 lbs under my before pregnancy weight. While I agree they shouldn't purposely do it, I think there are some women who may be...jealous or disappointed that they aren't one of them that loses weight. Some women I know have lost weight during pregnancy only.because they finally started eating right instead of crap 24/7. So I guess my question of these women are how much overweight are they before they got pregnant, and how are they trying?
I love the weight im gaining from the pregnancy and I would rather gain more weight then try to work out during pregnancy...I.mean I know that there are yoga classes but like the physical labor of working out I dont think its good on your body and eating right is good yes but dont deprive you or the baby of the proper nutrients it needs..plus my gf told me that she always ate healthy during her pregnancy but it back fired on her and her baby ended up with really bad gas
I never really thought of it that way flickan. But now looking back at my pregnancy with my son and they 60 lbs I gained I can understand a little more. Bit trying to loose weight while pregnant just doesn't make any sence. I'm aware the over 50% of pregnancies are unplanned joys so they mother never really thought of trying to loose weight before having a baby. Or they do bit don't reach their goal before finding out the happy news. But to me that's the joy of it. I don't care how Mich I weigh or how much I gained/ lost during. the important thing is there baby being healthy and happy. Our bodies go thru hell to bring life into them world. I had to tell one to stop stressing over it and enjoy the time you have making the baby. Eat right and safly excersize. Now she's 22 weeks and gained 15 lbs. That I think is very good. I wish I was able to gain a little more with this one. But I'm still getting sick off and on. But babies are healthy and Dr isn't worried so I'm not going to either.
I talk to one mommy whom was preggers with twins and she was like over 200 lbs
I think ultimately there is the safe way and an unsafe way of doing it. Kudos to those who eat healthy and focus on their health while pregnant and are doing it safely and shame on those who are just doing.it for the wrong reasons and are putting their babies at risk. Just because they are overweight.initially doesn't always mean they are focusing on the wrong things while pregnant and just cuz someone isn't overweight doesn't mean they will treat the pregnancy right. I think.there are a lot of young.mothers to be who may focus on their vanities. I think it comes down to each individual and how they act. Sorry the girl you know is treating it that way, Emma.
pregnancy is the tie we are aloud to get fat lol worry about losing it after you have the baby
Funny that as I respond to this post about gaining too much weight I see an ad for the insanity work out lol. My husband was almost infatuated with my baby bump when we were preg with my first baby. He loved the way my sun dress was 5 inches higher in the front due to covering the belly. He'd chase me just to see me waddle... my weight gain was definately a great factor... we laughed all the t
Lol men and sun dresses. That's cute
mswalker82 joined this group
Welcome them!
Aug 17
dcsteed Waiting for O.. Just want i... Comment
Jul 21
New Mommy 2 Be 2007 Pregnant again! Franco is j... Comment
Jul 20