MedHelp Members Community
Leaving a forum

WELCOME TO THE MEDHELP MEMBERS COMMUNITY: This Member-to-Member Community is a place for new and experienced members to ask questions or discuss how to use or find information and support on MedHelp’s website. Some examples are: “How To:” Ask a doctor a question, ask a member a question, Communicate with other members, find and use health tools & applications, find information, find the right forum or community for you, participate in a Doctor-to-Patient Health Chat. Also, “How to Create, Edit and Maintain”: Personal Messages (PM), Personal Health Records (PHR), Photos, Privacy, Profile Page, Settings, Trackers and Watch List.

Leaving a forum

How do I "leave"  or "unjoin" a forum?  There used to be an option when you went to the main forum page to Leave if you had previously joined, however, I cannot find that any longer since the new format.  Can someone help me, please?
If you go to your profile page, there is a list of all your communities.  There is a box next to each one that says 'leave' that you can check.  (I didn't actually test this by leaving any so hope it works!)
It worked!!!  Thank you, thank you, thank you!!  I've been having some trouble figuring some things out with the new format of the site and it has left me feeling quite stupid sometimes!!

Thanks again!  Hope you, Idgie pig and Squashy are doing well.  We gotta get together SOON for coffee or something!
Can you tell me , and I am not new , where I join a forum I cannot see anything that's says join .
Deadgamegrrl helped with that also - because it used to be when you were reading a question, there was a box righ there that you could join, but wiht this new format, it's not there anymore.

What she told me to do (and it works, I did it after she told me how) - go to the profile page of someone who has posted a question in the forum that you want to join - towards the bottom of their profile page is a listing of all the forums they belong to and to the right of the names of the forums you do not belong to already, there is a box that says "join this forum" that you can click on and it will add you to the forum.  It seems a round-about way of being able to join the forums, but it works!

Let me know if you need any more help - if I can't figure it out, I'm sure deadgamegrrl wll!  LOL
hahah thank you I will do that ...I wonder why they took the join away  all one had to do as you say was hit on the little green box that said join, hey anyone sees this can we have it back ...thanks geminigirl
PS I see the groups have still got a join on each group its only the forums that dont have