MedHelp Members Community
New format

WELCOME TO THE MEDHELP MEMBERS COMMUNITY: This Member-to-Member Community is a place for new and experienced members to ask questions or discuss how to use or find information and support on MedHelp’s website. Some examples are: “How To:” Ask a doctor a question, ask a member a question, Communicate with other members, find and use health tools & applications, find information, find the right forum or community for you, participate in a Doctor-to-Patient Health Chat. Also, “How to Create, Edit and Maintain”: Personal Messages (PM), Personal Health Records (PHR), Photos, Privacy, Profile Page, Settings, Trackers and Watch List.

New format

Ever since the "new" format  began, I've found the site to run EXCEPTIONALLY slow - I'm not sure if it's just due to more pop-up ads or the new format itself, but it is very annoying and very frustrating when you're trying to read and answer questions and it takes forever for them to load.  I've even had several instances of the site locking up on me completely.  I'm not having any issues with any other sites or other areas of my computer, so know it's definitely something with the medhellp site.

Can you give me any suggestions as to things that might help with this situation?  I run Windows XP with IE 8.  Please don't tell me to update to whatever it is that is the newest Internet Explorer becuase my computer cannot accomodate it - and I cannot afford to buy a new computer or upgrade my current one.  I've also tried running Firefox and didn't notice any difference in how slow the medhelp site was running.

I love this site, but this difficulty is really frustrating me and making it so I visit the site less often.  Please help.  Thank yoy,
you are not alone mine is slower also ,I just put up with it and I have so many popups all the time ..LOL
Thank you for your response.  It's just really frustrating.  I love this site and hate the idea that i may have to stop visiting it.

One thing I'm trying (and so far it's helping a LITTLE), is after every visit here, I delete my browsing history, clean out my cache and do a disk clean-up.  It's extra work and time, but if it makes it so that I can continue to come here and give and receive advice, I'll do it.

If you find anything othere resolutions, please let me know.